Leisureville

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Default Barnes and Noble Problem

Skip,

I have seen Leisureville in Barnes and Noble on many of my visits. Did you ask at the information desk whether it was in stock, or if you coud order it?
Old 10-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Taltarzac
Default Last I looked Leisureville is in the Current Affairs section

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojm View Post
Skip,

I have seen Leisureville in Barnes and Noble on many of my visits. Did you ask at the information desk whether it was in stock, or if you coud order it?
Leisureville is in the back stacks of the Lake Sumter B & N near the Video/Audio section in Current Affairs section the last I looked.

I doubt if the Morse family would have that much clout to ban Leisureville from a large chain of book stores.

I do not think they even have all that much influence on what movies get into the Villages theaters. That seems to be more up to the distributors and how the theater people who pick the movies think the Villages market will take to the movies.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 10-15-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Taltarzac
Default There were a dozen or so copies of Leisureville at the Customer Services desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Everyone know that the developer will not allow Barnes & Noble to sell LEISUREVILLE here in the Villages. I wonder why that is. ???

Skip
I stopped by Barnes & Noble on my way home from seeing Blindness
at the Old Mill Playhouse and saw that they had a dozen or so copies of Leisureville at the Customer Service desk as well as two or three in the Current Affairs aisle.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Gold member

I'm about half way through Leisureville. The author's description of the aesthetics of TV (in the beginning of the book) is such that, had I not been living here, I would have wanted to come to see the place. He paints a very positive and accurate picture of the beauty we enjoy everyday. His commentary on "social obligation" did not sit well with me, probably because that mentality is partly to blame for the sub-prime financial mess we're in. Why he gave so much attention to the sex and booze is unclear. I thought the book lost it's focus. I have about 1/2 of the book to go, I hope it improves.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to jim1941

Mickey,

Mr. Midnight is not a myth and he is a true gentlemen. He was my roommate in the 70's and our lives were very hectic and exciting back then. We were free spirits..... happy hours after work..... bar hopping on the weekends..... and vacationing in Puerto Rico. Where has the time gone?

PS: For those of you that do know him, ask him about Cheryl and two broken beds!
Old 10-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Veteran member

Ahhhh yes. The 70's! My favorite decade.

Well, if you lived in Ravena in the 70's, perhaps I've already met Mr. Midnight. I'm not too far from Ravena.

Well, I'll keep his and your secrets if you keep mine.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

dfn8tly

SORRY , BUT IT IS YOU , THE NEWS IS ALL OVER TOWN , SORRY BUT SOMEONE'S GOTTA TELL YOU .............CASSIE TOLD ME !!!

IN 1958 IN PLEASANTON CALIFORNIA THERE WAS A SIGN ON THE FRONT LAWN OF A LOCAL CHURCH...

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE TIRED OF SIN, COME
INTO THIS HOUSE .....

someone wrote underneath ... FOR THOSE WHO AREN'T ,
CALL PLAZA 54812

I STILL HAVE THE NUMBER FUMAR
Old 10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
dfn8tly

SORRY , BUT IT IS YOU , THE NEWS IS ALL OVER TOWN , SORRY BUT SOMEONE'S GOTTA TELL YOU .............CASSIE TOLD ME !!!

OH YUK, YUK, YUK are we talking about this again...don't listen to a word he says....unless it is funny....then laugh but don't believe it....he is just very silly....oh Fumar....you are very cute....is there a Mrs. Fumar...I know a few single ladies....you could be quite a catch!!

Suzy Toronto
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.