Little Free Libraries

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Default Little Free Libraries

Is anyone familiar with this program? Little Free Libraries are small box libraries of various designs that are put up in neighborhoods so people can share books. Basically, you take a book to a Little Free Library and swap it for one already there...totally on the honor system. Google “Little Free Library” and you can read all about them.
My question is: Would TV allow people to have one on their front lawn area? I am a woodworker and want to build one for our home in Fenney when we move there. Thoughts? It’s a great way to share books!
Old 11-05-2017, 10:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelota View Post
Is anyone familiar with this program? Little Free Libraries are small box libraries of various designs that are put up in neighborhoods so people can share books. Basically, you take a book to a Little Free Library and swap it for one already there...totally on the honor system. Google “Little Free Library” and you can read all about them.
My question is: Would TV allow people to have one on their front lawn area? I am a woodworker and want to build one for our home in Fenney when we move there. Thoughts? It’s a great way to share books!
I have seen a lot of television segments about them but none about them here in the Villages. It would depend on the deed restrictions for the Village you move to and where you could build such a thing. The format of the yard might also be important. It seems some Villages only allow such ornaments like bird house and the like in back yards.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:07 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelota View Post
We have these in my small hometown in Wisconsin. A much easier way to share books is electronically using Amazon Prime...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2017, 05:54 AM

I think that would be a very nice idea. What if they were put in the center of the cul-de-sacs, (we have an "island" in the center on our street) or at the pool/postal stations? Then they would not be in anyone's yard and no deed restriction problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
free, libraries, people, books, share

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.