The Long Haul:  A Trucker's Tales of Life on the Road

The Long Haul: A Trucker's Tales of Life on the Road

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

The Long Haul: A Trucker's Tales of Life on the Road
Old 09-14-2017, 11:27 AM
Soaring Parsley

Default The Long Haul: A Trucker's Tales of Life on the Road

Moving!

The Long Haul: A Trucker's Tales of Life on the Road by Finn Murphy maybe should be required reading for anybody planning a move.

The author dropped out of college to become a mover -- much to his parents' dismay.

Smart, hard-working, ambitious, and insightful Murphy lets the reader ride along on long-distance moves. High-end exec and military moves are his specialty. There is also a part about those Florida retiree moves. Murphy makes darned good money and earns every nickel.

I like learning about how people feel about their jobs and what they see from their perspective. (Studs Terkel's Working is one of my favorite books.)

I read this book on one of our I-75 runs -- I could not help but look more closely at all those big trucks as I went reading by. Hey! I can now spot a Peterbilt before I can see the name.

I must tell you that throughout the entire book, I was almost always on the side of the movers. They sure do meet some total asses.

This book is a quick read.

Last edited by Boomer; 09-15-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
book, moves, murphy, read, reading