The Long Haul: A Trucker's Tales of Life on the Road

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2017, 11:27 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default The Long Haul: A Trucker's Tales of Life on the Road

Moving!

The Long Haul: A Trucker's Tales of Life on the Road by Finn Murphy maybe should be required reading for anybody planning a move.

The author dropped out of college to become a mover -- much to his parents' dismay.

Smart, hard-working, ambitious, and insightful Murphy lets the reader ride along on long-distance moves. High-end exec and military moves are his specialty. There is also a part about those Florida retiree moves. Murphy makes darned good money and earns every nickel.

I like learning about how people feel about their jobs and what they see from their perspective. (Studs Terkel's Working is one of my favorite books.)

I read this book on one of our I-75 runs -- I could not help but look more closely at all those big trucks as I went reading by. Hey! I can now spot a Peterbilt before I can see the name.

I must tell you that throughout the entire book, I was almost always on the side of the movers. They sure do meet some total asses.

This book is a quick read.

Last edited by Boomer; 09-15-2017 at 08:14 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
book, moves, murphy, read, reading

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.