Looking for Book to Read

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2021, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsycaravan View Post
"A Land Remembered". A favorite of both my husband and myself. An historical novel of the early settling of Florida with a great story of settler ranchers and Seminole Indians. Gave us an entire new picture of Florida.
One of my favorite books. A great read about a family escaping the War between the states. It is remarkable of their survival with the help of the Seminoles.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:44 AM

Maybe books by Janet Evanovich?…although I think her character was Stephanie Plum?
Old 07-14-2021, 06:54 AM
Default Books to read

John Grisham and James Patterson books are all good reads. Patterson books move fast and you can be finished reading a book in one or two days. Grisham books take a little bit longer to finish. Hope that helps
Old 07-14-2021, 07:11 AM

I normally stay away from this type of book, but I picked up the Brad Meltzer/Josh Mensch book "The First Conspiracy - The Secret Plot to Kill George Washington". I found it as an e-book on the Sumter County Library system. I'm almost through with it, and it has grabbed my attention.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
You folks gave me such great feedback in my Looking for TV Series to Watch thread I figured I'd do the same regarding my search for a good book to read...

I read quite a bit and of course have my favorite authors and such, but I'm very interested in what all you readers out there consider your favorites. I like mysteries, thrillers, science fiction on occasion, but I'm absolutely open to all genres. Guess I've said enough. Can't wait to 'hear' what you have to 'say'.
You should join one of the many book clubs. They are a great resource and you will meet a lot of new people with common interests
Old 07-14-2021, 07:32 AM

Jonathan Cahn has 2 books that I found to be sooo spellbinding that I have read them both a second time. “The Harbinger” and “The Harbinger II”. The word harbinger is another word for “warning”. Be amazed.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:45 AM
Default Good Reads

Anything by Nelson Demille, especially The Gold Coast. His books are full of adventure and fun. He's my favorite.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
You folks gave me such great feedback in my Looking for TV Series to Watch thread I figured I'd do the same regarding my search for a good book to read...

I read quite a bit and of course have my favorite authors and such, but I'm very interested in what all you readers out there consider your favorites. I like mysteries, thrillers, science fiction on occasion, but I'm absolutely open to all genres. Guess I've said enough. Can't wait to 'hear' what you have to 'say'.
Try the Florida comic novelist Carl Hiassen. All of his novels are delightful and outrageous and the essence of Florida. If you like fishing, read his “Double Whammy”, which is about high level bass fishing in our part of Florida. So much fun.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:

If you're up for something a little different, I heartily recommend"The Bookshop of Yesterdays" by Amy Meyerson. I'm almost at the end and it's been a real page turner.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:10 AM

Anything by Michael Connelly.

Also “The Professor and the Madman” by Simon Winchester about the amazing collaboration to compile every word in the English language — pre-computer or even typewriter — for the first ever Oxford English Dictionary. It is also a great movie currently on Netflix.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:19 AM

Sarum by Edward Rutherford is historical fiction. It follows several families throughout centuries in England, beginning in time when the island was still connected to the mainland. I read it after a visit to England, when all the sights were still strong in my mind, and this book explained the why’s, who’s, and how. He’s a wonderful story teller and paints beautiful pictures for your mind. He has many other history fiction also.
Another old author is Wilber Smith. Exciting, historical fiction.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,898 Times in 913 Posts

Any books by

Malcolm Gladwell
Michael Lewis

non fiction reads. . .
Old 07-14-2021, 09:25 AM

… how about the Bible!
Old 07-14-2021, 09:36 AM

It's Stephanie Plum, the author is Janet Evonavich, they are a great fun & funny read. Try to read in order as the characters become more developed as the series progresses. I've embarrassingly laughed out in a crowded waiting room.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:11 AM

I enjoy reading Mary Higgins Clark books. All are mysteries.
Closed Thread

Tags
read, book, favorites, mysteries, thrillers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.