Looking for Book to Read

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2021, 10:24 AM
Default Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
You folks gave me such great feedback in my Looking for TV Series to Watch thread I figured I'd do the same regarding my search for a good book to read...

I read quite a bit and of course have my favorite authors and such, but I'm very interested in what all you readers out there consider your favorites. I like mysteries, thrillers, science fiction on occasion, but I'm absolutely open to all genres. Guess I've said enough. Can't wait to 'hear' what you have to 'say'.
Lee Child
Also try ‘West with Giraffes’ based on true story of giraffes traveling from NYC to Cal.in the 30s
Old 07-14-2021, 10:30 AM

Any Janet Evanovich book They’re all numbered. Start at the first
Old 07-14-2021, 10:31 AM

BOOK WOMAN OF TROUBLESOME CREEK
by Kim Michele Richardson

Of course, OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon
Old 07-14-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsycaravan View Post
"A Land Remembered". A favorite of both my husband and myself. An historical novel of the early settling of Florida with a great story of settler ranchers and Seminole Indians. Gave us an entire new picture of Florida.
Absolutely! Really enjoyed this. The author really did some research.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:49 AM
Default The Cimbri Series at Amazon.com, Three stand alone books that track each other

Quote:
You folks gave me such great feedback in my Looking for TV Series to Watch thread I figured I'd do the same regarding my search for a good book to read...

I read quite a bit and of course have my favorite authors and such, but I'm very interested in what all you readers out there consider your favorites. I like mysteries, thrillers, science fiction on occasion, but I'm absolutely open to all genres. Guess I've said enough. Can't wait to 'hear' what you have to 'say'.

The Spirits of Cimbri, Attack on Cimbri, and The Flames of Cimbri on Amazon.com, Like "Game of Thrones" and "The Three Musketeers rolled into one. Strong personal stories and outstanding battle scenes. Each is a stand alone , but each follows one another
Old 07-14-2021, 10:53 AM
Default The Cimbri Series at Amazon.com (Three stand alone books that track each other)

Quote:

If you're looking for for a different interesting read, then"Chasing Shadows", by Ron Miller at Amazon.con. Great historical murder/mystery with an unusual twist. High drama and surprise ending.
Old 07-14-2021, 11:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator68 View Post
I can’t find this book. I really want to read it as my name was Valerie Plumb and I am from New Jersey. Any suggestions? Thanks
I think the poster meant STEPHANIE PLUM. Author is Janet Evanovich. Book #28 will be out in the Fall.

kathy
Old 07-14-2021, 11:45 AM

It’s the Stephanie Plum series …the Author is Janet Evanovich
Old 07-14-2021, 11:55 AM

For a fun read ... mindless entertainment, Janet Evanovich series featuring Stephanie Plum. Fairly comical with a bit of mystery and suspense thrown in.

Serious mystery but not gruesome, books by Louise Penney regarding Inspector Gamache. New one is coming out in August. I have read all the existing ones.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:03 PM

Yes, it is Janet Evanovich the author and Stephanie Plum the character. Book number 28 is arriving November 8.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,060 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsycaravan View Post
"A Land Remembered". A favorite of both my husband and myself. An historical novel of the early settling of Florida with a great story of settler ranchers and Seminole Indians. Gave us an entire new picture of Florida.
I was going to say the same thing. It was such an interesting insight to the history of Florida.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:38 PM

I would recommend “Requiem For The Dead” by Victor Alvarez. This is a military murder mystery thriller written in the same manner of James Patterson and Tom Clancy. He has another even more intriguing book with the same characters being released in September called “The Theseus Conspiracy.”
Old 07-14-2021, 01:04 PM
Default Book to read . . . .

Quote:

“Love Wins” by Rob Bell . . . . . . short quick read that will have a profound and lasting affect on your life.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:12 PM
Default Book to Read

Quote:

Tales from the Eerie Canal: 22 Stories of the Delightfully Dark and Creepy. 5-star Amazon reviews. Amazon.com
Old 07-14-2021, 02:57 PM
Default Good books

The Outlander series. And Greg Iles.
Closed Thread

Tags
read, book, favorites, mysteries, thrillers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.