Read Two Books at the Same Time?

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2020, 10:24 AM

I read at least two, sometimes three at a time. One for devotional and self enlightenment, one non fiction or autobiography, and one for pure pleasure and enjoyment, such as a Nicholas Sparks book.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:28 AM

I've done that in the past, but I don't multitask well these days. Been reading a lot lately thanks to Kindle Unlimited. I do like to read multiple book series. I'll try the first one and if I like it, I'll read all the rest of the books in order.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 10-24-2020, 10:28 AM
Default Go For It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Well? Do you ever? Or does it reduce your enjoyment of both?

Just wondering, because I’m going to give it a try. Never have before.

Thanks.
I Often read 2 at a time - one on Kindle and the other on Audible. Never get them confused and thoroughly enjoy both!
Old 10-24-2020, 11:03 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I listen to one audio book on walks and read a different book on Kindle at home. Seems to work.

Me, too. But sometimes there are 3. Audible for walking and doing laundry, etc. Kindle for night and for the phone, especially when I have to wait somewhere. But I also have an old-fashioned book for daytime at home, sometimes.

I can tell when I am not walking enough because Audible gets neglected. I have been listening to A Land Remembered for a long time. I think that one is a good listen but if I were reading it, I think I would start to feel like I was actually on one of those never-ending cattle drives. (I also walk (inside) when blabbing on the phone.)
Old 10-24-2020, 11:38 AM

Reading several books at once makes sense, as sometimes you're just not in the mood for a certain type of book.

I saw your Polar Bear. My husband teaches at ONU. We are both ONU alumni. Our daughter is a Polar Bear junior, and our son is taking his high school Calculus at ONU. Would love to meet up sometime. We are not here fulltime for two more years, so in and out.
Old 10-24-2020, 11:45 AM
Default Try it - you'll like it!

Books/movies like "Airport," and "Hotel" move from intraplot to intraplot, as do soap operas (day and night), so you are already keeping up just fine. And, you get extra fun, extra knowledge, and mental exercise. Enjoy!
Old 10-24-2020, 12:33 PM
Platinum member
Default Therapy fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
reading 3 now. One in locker at work, one in car for sitting at appointments, and 3rd at home. No different than multitasking
fully agree can read and watch several books and films etc. Just like a movie has a great part so do books. I return to certain chapters over and over again. It breaks up the monotony. I speed thru all shows because 70% is superfluous
eg. The hannity show
i speed thru it until his guest answers the question. It is a speed device to get a show over in 10 minutes
same with taped baseball and football games. I've seen thousands of scoreless innings and quarters go by. The trick is ff until you see a td or run score then rewind to the preceding point you wish to restart the action. Baseball and football games are reduced from 3 to 4 hrs to no more than a half hour each. Just saying
session over
Old 10-24-2020, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
fully agree can read and watch several books and films etc. Just like a movie has a great part so do books. I return to certain chapters over and over again. It breaks up the monotony. I speed thru all shows because 70% is superfluous
eg. The hannity show
i speed thru it until his guest answers the question. It is a speed device to get a show over in 10 minutes
same with taped baseball and football games. I've seen thousands of scoreless innings and quarters go by. The trick is ff until you see a td or run score then rewind to the preceding point you wish to restart the action. Baseball and football games are reduced from 3 to 4 hrs to no more than a half hour each. Just saying
session over
We start baseball or football about an hour after the game starts.

We watch the game just zap thru the commercials so a foot ball game in just over a half hour. Why watch as they huddle up or walk to the line.

Otherwise do not see the point of watching the game just wait for the score.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Well? Do you ever? Or does it reduce your enjoyment of both?

Just wondering, because I’m going to give it a try. Never have before.

Thanks.
Hi, Yes, I have read more than one book at a time and have for years. I carry one in my car and read that one while waiting in a Dr.'s office or in the various lines we all have to wait in. Another at home where I sit on my porch and read in the afternoons. And there is a third on my night stand I read before going to sleep at night. I enjoy all of them and do not seem to have any difficulty switching from one to another. Good luck and enjoy your reading.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:40 AM
Platinum member

I can't even hang with a two-panel comic strip.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Back in the day when we had a gym at our apartment complex (and before Covid) up north, I kept a book of essays or short stories on the Kindle just to read while on the treadmill or stationary bike.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:20 PM
Platinum member
Default Therapy fee

[QUOTE=Cheiro;1852151]Hi, Yes, I have read more than one book at a time and have for years. I carry one in my car and read that one while waiting in a Dr.'s office or in the various lines we all have to wait in. Another at home where I sit on my porch and read in the afternoons. And there is a third on my night stand I read before going to sleep at night. I enjoy all of them and do not seem to have any difficulty switching from one to another. Good luck and enjoy your reading.[/QUOTE

HAVE YOU OVERLOOKED THE ALL IMPORTANT BOWL BOOK?]
Old 10-25-2020, 02:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Back in the day when we had a gym at our apartment complex (and before Covid) up north, I kept a book of essays or short stories on the Kindle just to read while on the treadmill or stationary bike.
Didn’t the text jump around too much to read?
Old 10-27-2020, 08:46 AM

Sometimes 3🙂
Closed Thread

Tags
read, give, i’m, wondering, enjoyment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.