Tommy needs a web page

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Platinum member
Default Tommy needs a web page

I am a few months away from publishing my second book. Because lack of marketing skills on the first publication in 2008, it sold only 308 copies. An agent friend of mine suggest I build a web page before the book is on the market. Knowing nothing about building web pages, can anyone send me in the right direction on finding an inexpensive program to do so. Now that I'm retired, there is no excuse for me not to take the time to do it right. Best Sellers List? Hey, you never know!
Old 05-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Veteran member

I have no idea if this will help, but will share the little bit I know. When our son was getting his MIIS (Master of Information Systems) at Penn State he had to set up a web site. He, and many others, used godaddy.com. They used this for ease of use, exposure, and professor suggestion.

How exciting for you! Please keep us posted on your progress.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXNana View Post
I have no idea if this will help, but will share the little bit I know. When our son was getting his MIIS (Master of Information Systems) at Penn State he had to set up a web site. He, and many others, used godaddy.com. They used this for ease of use, exposure, and professor suggestion.

How exciting for you! Please keep us posted on your progress.
The book will be a collection of 20 short stories. I have one story that takes place in The Villages that I am working on. Not sure if it will be completed by the time of publication. I think it would be an incentive for my friends on TOTV to consider buying the book. I'm trying like hell to have it included. My pseudonym is Tommy Styles. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the godaddy.com suggestion. I will give it a looksee.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Veteran member

Good luck! How awesome to see a TOTV friend get published.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:11 PM

Tommy, tomorrow morning at 9 o'clock at Laurel Manor there's a writers league that specializes in discussing how to market your book.
If you need help with the website, I use Go Daddy to build websites for my clients.
PM me for more information.
...Nancy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.