What is your favorite James Patterson novel?

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Question What is your favorite James Patterson novel?

I have just found James Patterson as an Author I like to read. He has so many books that I don't know which one's to choose. Any insight from James Patterson fan's would be appreciated.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Sage
Default Honeymoon

Best book!

Books: Honeymoon | The Official James Patterson Website

You've been asked before, "Don't tell anyone the ending." With Honeymoon, don't tell anyone the beginning either.
All writers have a book that they know is their best book, ever. Welcome to James Patterson's HONEYMOON.
How does it feel to be desired by every man and envied by every woman? Wonderful. This is the life Nora Sinclair has dreamed about, the life she's worked hard for, the life she will never give up. Meet Nora Sinclair.
When FBI agent John O'Hara first sees her, she seems perfect. She has the looks. The career. The clothes. The wit. The sophistication. The tantalizing sex appeal. The whole extraordinary package - and men fall in line to court her. She doesn't just attract men, she enthralls them. If you dare.
So why is the FBI so interested in Nora Sinclair? Mysterious things keep happening to people around her, especially the men. And there is something dangerous about Nora when Agent O'Hara looks closer - something that lures him at the same time that it fills him with fear. Is there something dark hidden among the unexplained gaps in her past? And as he spends more and more time getting to know her, is he pursuing justice? Or his own fatal obsession?
With the irresistible attraction of the greatest Hitchcock thrillers, Honeymoon is a sizzling, twisting tale of a woman with a deadly appetite and the men who dare to fall for her. In his sexiest, scariest novel yet, James Patterson deftly confirms that he always "takes thrills to the next level" (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review).
Old 02-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
I have just found James Patterson as an Author I like to read. He has so many books that I don't know which one's to choose. Any insight from James Patterson fan's would be appreciated.
Here's a link to all his books in date order.I think it's best to pick a series and read those books in the order written.

James Patterson Books - List of Patterson's Work by Year

I loved the Womens Murder Club series.(11 books...all have numbers in the title)

Books: Women's Murder Club | The Official James Patterson Website

The Alex Cross series is also good.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Platinum member

I have listened literally to hundreds of audio books, ever since books-on-tape started. I think I've listened to every Patterson except the youth series. The best, by far, was Beach House. The early Alex Cross books like Kiss the Girls, Along Came the Spider and Pop Goes the Weasel were pretty good. Everything since is at least a notch below IMHO.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Default James Patterson

Read the "Woman's Murder Club" Great reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Patterson is one of my favorite authors. I've enjoyed all of his series and really loving his new series -- Private. Patterson's series are best read in order -- there are too many references to past events in subsequent novels. So, whether it be Alex Cross, the Women's Murder Club or Private, I suggest you start with the first written and continue on from there. Happy reading!!

BTW -- Another really good author is Jeffrey Deaver -- especially the Lincoln Rhyme series. If you ever saw the movie, The Bone Collector (Denzell Washington and Angelina Jolie), and liked it, you'll love Deaver. The movie followed his book faithfully.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Patterson is one of my favorite authors. I've enjoyed all of his series and really loving his new series -- Private. Patterson's series are best read in order -- there are too many references to past events in subsequent novels. So, whether it be Alex Cross, the Women's Murder Club or Private, I suggest you start with the first written and continue on from there. Happy reading!!

BTW -- Another really good author is Jeffrey Deaver -- especially the Lincoln Rhyme series. If you ever saw the movie, The Bone Collector (Denzell Washington and Angelina Jolie), and liked it, you'll love Deaver. The movie followed his book faithfully.
Enjoyed The Bone Collector but have not read anything by Jeffrey Deaver.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I have read every Patterson book and they are all good. I probably liked the Alex Cross and Murder Club series the best. Have just finished all the Private series books. Am now working my way through all the Vince Flynn books starting with the Mitch Rapp series. Also very good reading.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Platinum member

Patterson sure has a lot of "co-authored" books.
Has he actually written anything lately?
Suffering from TV envy
Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 AM

I had read every Patterson book and thoroughly enjoyed his work until he started "co-authoring" his books in an obvious move to mass produce. The quality has plummeted because he is no longer contributing more than his name and perhaps a basic plot. I tried again to like his books by reading the latest Alex Cross book (my favorite character) but, alas, even Alex has suffered the demise of the Patterson decline. If he is the sole suthor, I would buy anything he wrote.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.