The World Until Yesterday by Jared Diamond

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,612 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default The World Until Yesterday by Jared Diamond

I have just started this book which so far is quite enjoyable and thought provoking. Having read "Collapse", "Guns, Germs and Steel" and "The Third Chimpanzee", all by Jared Diamond, I am looking forward to his insights on what we can learn from traditional societies.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I have just started this book which so far is quite enjoyable and thought provoking. Having read "Collapse", "Guns, Germs and Steel" and "The Third Chimpanzee", all by Jared Diamond, I am looking forward to his insights on what we can learn from traditional societies.
I remember reading "Guns, Germs and Steel" a long time ago and it really made me rethink some preconceived notions about how civilizations developed. I haven't read the other two, but am heading for my kindle as we speak!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.