Writing a FREE Online Novel

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Default Writing a FREE Online Novel

As retirees here in The Villages we have the time to do things we couldn't when fully engaged in the "rat race".

I wanted to write a novel!

If you talk to writers they say the biggest hurdle is getting an agent and then a publisher, etc. Even then, a published novel often yields little monitary reward.

So, how to get the satisfaction of writing a novel and having others read it without the pain and suffering of the agent/publisher route? Post it to the Internet and give it away FREE!

http://2052hp.blogspot.com/

2052-The Hawking Plan.

Please have a look at my novel. Absolutely FREE and complete with no registration required! AND, if you'd like, you can post a comment at the end of any chapter that I and others will read. (Post anonymously if you want).

If you have any questions about how I got it on the Internet without any cost to myself, just ask here and I will be happy to answer, or email me at ira@techie.com.

advTHANKSance

Ira Glickstein
Old 04-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Writing a FREE Online Novel

Hi Ira,

Thanks for posting this. I will start reading it tonight.

HB
Old 04-19-2008, 01:55 AM
Sage

Hi Ira, what a wonderful idea. I'm a writer myself and this just might come in handy. I'll start reading, thanks for posting. :bigthumbsup:
Old 04-19-2008, 05:29 AM
Platinum member

Thanks Ira!, I also love writing and have many times written just a bit for myself and my family.I started a family tree at ancestry.com.....And started a book....The Restaurant Diaries, that could be a new Television comedy!.....I know I could get more stories right here! Ira, I will read your link tomorrow! LATE got to get some sleep.....Must rest up for Earth, Wind and Fire at Universal tomorrow night!!! Always rokin!
Old 04-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Taltarzac

You may want to check into print on demand too if you have a book you want many others to see. I personally know of several people who have done this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Print_on_demand
Old 04-25-2008, 03:29 AM

Thanks for all the comments! Feel free to email me at ira@techie.com

Please let me know if you are reading my novel and have any corrections or questions or suggestions. At the end of each chapter there is a place where anybody can post a comment about that chapter and I and anyone else can read it. PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS SO I KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE! advTHANKance!

As for the suggestion of "print on demand" I looked briefly at it. I decided it was not worth the extra effort for me and I did not want readers to have to pay for my book. However, several have asked if they could get a printed copy. So, if the book takes off and I get more requests for printed copies, I will look into it. Do you know if there is a cost to the Author (other than his or her time) to submit a book to the print on demand system? So far, I have invested nothing but time into this project and the pleasure of writing and reading has been well worth it.

Thanks to all!

Ira

Read the novel complete and totally free at >>> http://2052hp.blogspot.com/

Join our courteous discussion of serious topics at >>> http://tvpclub.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.