3 current Brownwood movies - quick review>

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2018, 03:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default 3 current Brownwood movies - quick review>

1. Rampage - 4/5 stars. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Very good action film with a good storyline, OK acting, funny parts, tender parts, scary parts. One minute vividly brings back 9/11 to mind (scariest part for me...). Nice ending - demanded by Dwayne, I read later, as he wants happy endings for his films. Excellent CGI.

2. A Quiet Place - 4.5/5 stars. Saw twice. Only 6 actors in cast. Star and Directed by John Krasinski, with wife Emily Blunt. Scary in parts - CGI creatures, only 3. But the most scary part for me was her walking down the stairs - nothing to do with monsters but I still cringe. People actually gasped in the theater. Interesting storyline, keeping interest on-the-edge-of-you-seat thruout.

3. Truth or Dare - 2/5 stars. College kids - I could only get 75% of the dialog in the movie. They talk fast and mumble, and I'm a senior. Storyline is OK, but like all films of this type, don't question reality. Like - REALLY?
If you pay to see a movie, skip this one.

Update 4/16:
Hmmm, reading USAToday online this AM, and see an article re weekend Box Office for movies, and the 3 above placed 1-2-3. >

Dwayne Johnson's 'Rampage' snatches No. 1 at the box office

Last edited by DeanFL; 04-16-2018 at 05:21 AM. Reason: USA Today article
Old 04-16-2018, 06:13 AM

Thank you for your reviews...saw Isles of Dogs...I personally didn't like it.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:38 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
Thank you for your reviews...saw Isles of Dogs...I personally didn't like it.

darn, that one is on my to-see list. Well as a MoviePass member no $ loss, but love dogs and will see anyway. thx.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
1. Rampage - 4/5 stars. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Very good action film with a good storyline, OK acting, funny parts, tender parts, scary parts. One minute vividly brings back 9/11 to mind (scariest part for me...). Nice ending - demanded by Dwayne, I read later, as he wants happy endings for his films. Excellent CGI.

2. A Quiet Place - 4.5/5 stars. Saw twice. Only 6 actors in cast. Star and Directed by John Krasinski, with wife Emily Blunt. Scary in parts - CGI creatures, only 3. But the most scary part for me was her walking down the stairs - nothing to do with monsters but I still cringe. People actually gasped in the theater. Interesting storyline, keeping interest on-the-edge-of-you-seat thruout.

3. Truth or Dare - 2/5 stars. College kids - I could only get 75% of the dialog in the movie. They talk fast and mumble, and I'm a senior. Storyline is OK, but like all films of this type, don't question reality. Like - REALLY?
If you pay to see a movie, skip this one.

Update 4/16:
Hmmm, reading USAToday online this AM, and see an article re weekend Box Office for movies, and the 3 above placed 1-2-3. >

Dwayne Johnson's 'Rampage' snatches No. 1 at the box office
Thanks for those reviews. I want to see the first two but may wait for the Blu-Ray for the third Truth or Dare because I really like to check the details very closely of late in movies.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:24 AM
Platinum member

There is something I truly miss when watching a movie in a theater. That's rewind, pause, and slow motion.

Happened to see that "Goldfinger" was going to play on TV and recorded it. Then watched it yesterday - BTW was made in 1964 and Sean Connery was 34...OMG.

But there were quite a few parts where there was an 007 stand-in, and others where I wanted to see details. Wow, what a difference from current films with CGI etc. I slow-mo'd some parts. So simple to see a guy was a stand-in, or the film was sped up for speed, missed punches, fake driving and crashes, etc. On a side note - in GF, a big Lincoln (with a bad guy inside) is crushed by one of those huge car compactors. The resulting 2'X2' cube is then lifted into a bed of a very small pickup truck...the cube would have weighed 3x the truck did, but little compression of the springs and rode just fine.... But I didn't question it back then a 16 year old...thought the movie was 'cool'. And so risque' - with "P...." Galore and the numerous 'hoochie mama' bed scenes...

I'm digressing and showing my byline below....

Tags
parts, scary, storyline, stars, part

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.