50 Shades

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2015, 08:47 AM
Gold member
Default 50 Shades

Has anyone seen 50 shades of Grey yet? Did you like it? Not sure if I want to view a movie of this type in a public theater. Any thoughts?
Old 02-19-2015, 08:54 AM

Movie was sexy but tasteful. I loved it! Can't wait for the next one.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,653 Times in 1,591 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I read the book.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-19-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,955 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
Has anyone seen 50 shades of Grey yet? Did you like it? Not sure if I want to view a movie of this type in a public theater. Any thoughts?
View it at home.............then no one will ever know! Is that your concern?
Old 02-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

I pre-ordered the DVD. I read all 3 books. After the first 50 pages the parts that seem to get the most discussion (if you know what I mean!) I skimmed through. It's a love story. It may not be the way everyone expresses physical love, but I felt they truly loved one another. My interest continued for 3 books because I felt there was something within his background that lead him to initially not be able to be romantically involved with another human being.

For anyone that has seen the movie, does it cover only the first book or all 3 books? Is the movie the same plot as the book(s)?
Old 03-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXNana View Post
I pre-ordered the DVD. I read all 3 books. After the first 50 pages the parts that seem to get the most discussion (if you know what I mean!) I skimmed through. It's a love story. It may not be the way everyone expresses physical love, but I felt they truly loved one another. My interest continued for 3 books because I felt there was something within his background that lead him to initially not be able to be romantically involved with another human being.

For anyone that has seen the movie, does it cover only the first book or all 3 books? Is the movie the same plot as the book(s)?
The movie only covers about 1/2 to 3/4 of the first book. The ending of the movie was quite abrupt, so I am betting a sequel is in the works.

I read all three books. The plot was really wearing thin by book number 3 -- just my opinion.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Platinum member

I saw the movie and thought it was very good. If you've read the books, you know that it pretty well followed book one. As for viewing it in public, the sexy scenes are really not that big a deal. Nothing there that you haven't seen before. Besides which, the movie is rated R not X. To be honest, it's a really strong love story. Looking forward to the next edition.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Sage

50 Shades? That house must be huge!
Old 03-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Email Reported As Spam

American Hollywood movies of love stories clearly do not resonate with me because they focus too often and too deeply as to the sexual aspect and in doing so lose the naturalness of that component and that capture the true essence of human beings. I admit to being a romantic . I have heard enough about the 50 shades of Gray book/movie to opine on the fact that while it makes for a curious movie in real life it subjects these individuals to some real indignities. Hollywood confuses lust with love. and I wonder what happens to young minds once their relationships move forward and real life interferes with this aspect be it children, making a living illness, etc

My first love is my greatest love and will be my last love and our love has endured and has been endearing because of mutual respect for one another and Hollywood offers a false narrative that will disrupt young lives for futures to come.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,955 Times in 913 Posts

Our great-grandfathers most likely said the same thing.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,653 Times in 1,591 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There is no reason that passion can't be part of enduring love. Just don't jump off the dresser at our age.

Ask me how I know.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There is no reason that passion can't be part of enduring love. Just don't jump off the dresser at our age.

Ask me how I know.
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA (I said with my hand over my ears and my eyes shut.)
Old 04-16-2015, 06:36 PM

My girl friend went to see it in Cincinnati last month and I was thrilled. Thought she might come back with some great ideas......She said it was trash....Darn.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:47 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Ask me how I know.
So true Gracie!!! Love and Lust can co-exist quite nicely thank you

Just my opinion of course LOL
Old 04-16-2015, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,794 Times in 672 Posts

But, times are a-changing.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.