7 Days In Entebbe

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2018, 03:38 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default 7 Days In Entebbe

Just saw movie. 2.5/5 stars. The usual film-based-on-facts where actual 20 minutes of action stretches to 2 hour movie.

Slow in so many parts, but OK that the writer/producer split it 50/50 from the Israeli<>Palestinian point of view. Early on, I could not get out of my mind, what I felt was as error in the movie. The Air France plane that was hijacked in 1976 was shown as having "winglets" at the tip of the plane's wings. When I first saw them in this movie, thought they were a more recent addition to planes, like 15 years max. Home and googled.

Man, that's like having a character wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat and saying it was a production oversight...

Left photo= real hijacked plane in 1976 in Entebbe
Right photo = scene from the movie (jet has winglets).

Sometimes movies get ruined by my "CDO"....>
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	real plane on ground at Entebbe 1976.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	74550   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Plane in movie.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	74551  
Old 03-24-2018, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

The movie's most interesting part was that famous dance sequence from 1990 from Kyr. "Echad Mi Yodea". This is from 1990!

Echad Mi Yodea lyrics and translation אחד מי יודע - YouTube

Echad Mi Yodea by Ohad Naharin performed by Batsheva - the Young Ensemble - YouTube

Ohad Naharin - Wikipedia

Batsheva Dance Company: About

I was not that impressed with the rest of the movie but do like the acting of Rosamund Pike in just about anything. Rosamund Pike - Rotten Tomatoes

Her movie Beirut comes out next month. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/beirut

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 03-24-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:35 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

The 1977 TV movie, 'Raid On Entebbe", captured more of the true PLO Terrorist intent. And if you wonder why Bebe Netanyahu is so tough on terrorists, his brother, Jonathan, was in command of the raid and was killed while successfully rescuing the Israeli hostages. And never forget the millions of his own people Idi Amin killed.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
The 1977 TV movie, 'Raid On Entebbe", captured more of the true PLO Terrorist intent. And if you wonder why Bebe Netanyahu is so tough on terrorists, his brother, Jonathan, was in command of the raid and was killed while successfully rescuing the Israeli hostages. And never forget the millions of his own people Idi Amin killed.
They did mention that in the credits. The death of Jonathan Netanyahu. And mentioned how unstable Idi Amin was.

Yonatan Netanyahu - Wikipedia
Old 03-24-2018, 08:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Prior to going in to see the movie, I did not remember the details of the 7 days or how it all ended. Wanted to be surprised. I sure was. Recalled the mission was successful, but was surprised so few deaths during the raid.

The movie did depict the PLO 'sympathizer's' thoughts and actions which was interesting. And that they did not mow down hostages in the end... If this had happened in current days, I'd have to believe hostages would be in great danger and the end much different.

The movie begins with>

Inspired by the true events of the 1976 hijacking of an Air France flight en route from Tel Aviv to Paris
Old 03-24-2018, 08:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Prior to going in to see the movie, I did not remember the details of the 7 days or how it all ended. Wanted to be surprised. I sure was. Recalled the mission was successful, but was surprised so few deaths during the raid.

The movie did depict the PLO 'sympathizer's' thoughts and actions which was interesting. And that they did not mow down hostages in the end... If this had happened in current days, I'd have to believe hostages would be in great danger and the end much different.

The movie begins with>

Inspired by the true events of the 1976 hijacking of an Air France flight en route from Tel Aviv to Paris
Quite a victory against these terrorists. Wide spread slaughter had not become so acceptable to the states supporting these people through money and weapons as now.

The most interesting take away from this movie was this bit of Jewish culture which I was unfamiliar with. Echad Mi Yodea - Wikipedia
Closed Thread

Tags
movie, winglets, plane, hijacked, planes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.