The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Smile The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo

After reading all three books in the trilogy, I learned that Netflix has the Swedish versions of the DVDs available, so I joined and watched all three. Great acting, very close to the original stories. Watched the first (Girl With the Dragon Tatoo) with English subtitles, then the other two (The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) with English language dubbing and liked the dubbing best. Enjoyed them all and hope there is really a fourth story.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Gold member

Don't think there will be a 4th story, altho I have heard that he had another manuscript started when he died. There are two other Swedish authors who write same type of stories. Jo Nesbo wrote The Snowman and Lars Kepler wrote The Hypnotist. Have not read either yet, but they have a very good reputation. They are next on my list. Reading Unbroken now, excellent book!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:25 PM

The author of the book has sadly died so there wouldn't be any new books. But Hollywood is remaking the Swedish movies with Daniel Craig in the lead role.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by damiano124 View Post
The author of the book has sadly died so there wouldn't be any new books. But Hollywood is remaking the Swedish movies with Daniel Craig in the lead role.
What a talented author. I loved all three books, and I hated to finish the last one. There is talk of an uncompleted manuscript which may eventually be published.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:07 AM

i struggled with the first book, took 100 pages before it became interesting.
Really enjoyed the series.
I rarely read all the series in a row,
Old 07-21-2011, 06:20 AM
Sage

Love all 3 books. There is complicated litigation going on between author's family and his longtime companion, so I rather doubt that the 4th manuscript will be published any time soon.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Veteran member

I read the first one and got through the first part of the book and then couldn't put it down. I ordered the book from The Free Library of Philadelphia to read on my Nook. I just put the second book on hold. The Free Library of Philadelphia allows you to borrow a book for 3 weeks in E-reader format and has a nice selection of current books. The site is: http://freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com...owseeBooks.htm
Old 09-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Location: just moved to Beaverton, OR. missing Florida though!

ugh, i could never get into those movies! bleh!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickY View Post
Thanks for the info....signed up tonight!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickY View Post
I read the first one and got through the first part of the book and then couldn't put it down. I ordered the book from The Free Library of Philadelphia to read on my Nook. I just put the second book on hold. The Free Library of Philadelphia allows you to borrow a book for 3 weeks in E-reader format and has a nice selection of current books. The site is: http://freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com...owseeBooks.htm
DickY, hi from Bare! How do you get a library card number and Pin number for the Free Library?
Old 09-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Sage

A new American film of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo will be released soon.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Sage

I am reading the third book of this series and I'm about 1/3 way through.

I very talented author who really know how to tell a story with surprising twists. A book that's really a page turner and hard to put down.

Great books. I will look forward to the movie. Does anyone know if there will be three movies instead of one?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-28-2011, 07:26 PM

i saw the first one.....how were the rest?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Sage

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with Daniel Craig.

According to google, the release date is December 21, 2011.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westchaser View Post
After reading all three books in the trilogy, I learned that Netflix has the Swedish versions of the DVDs available, so I joined and watched all three. Great acting, very close to the original stories. Watched the first (Girl With the Dragon Tatoo) with English subtitles, then the other two (The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) with English language dubbing and liked the dubbing best. Enjoyed them all and hope there is really a fourth story.
Well I have to say I do alot of reading... Or I might say listening!!! I am still working, and I drive an 1 and 15 min. to work each way!!! Sooooo 2 1/2 hours a day in the car.. I did these 3 books as Audio Books and it was great!! I found I was driving even slower... I wanted to keep listening or sitting in the driveway when I got home... A guy I work with Mowed his grass 2x because he did not want to stop listening!! I get the books from the library.. I have read all of John Sandford.. David Baldacci... Audio Books are great.. You have someone reading you a story.. Some can be very intense!! If you have not tried an Audio Book you should, you may like it!! The librarys have so much or will find them for you..

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.