The Black Phone. (2021)

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2022, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default The Black Phone. (2021)

The Black Phone - Rotten Tomatoes

Very original and scary movie and reminds me of the work of Stephen King as it should as his son wrote the short story on which it is based . Joe King - Rotten Tomatoes

The Black Phone - Wikipedia
Old 08-18-2022, 06:19 PM
Veteran member

I will have to check it out.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Creepy movie
Old 08-18-2022, 09:41 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Stephen is a creepy as it gets. He is a total screwball. Maybe his son is too?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-18-2022, 10:28 PM
Sage

I have enjoyed many of Stephen King's movies, books and short stories over the years as have probably billions of other people. Stephen King - Wikipedia

His son, Joe, is not on that level yet but has a promising start. Joe Hill (writer - Wikipedia)

Few authors anywhere have found Stephen King's level of success.

Take a look at The Black Phone.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:51 AM

I liked it.

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 08-19-2022, 08:42 PM
Veteran member

Joseph Hillström King is a wacko like his dad. To be avoided
Old 08-20-2022, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post

Very original and scary movie and reminds me of the work of Stephen King as it should as his son wrote the short story on which it is based . Joe King - Rotten Tomatoes

I saw it and was NOT impressed. Almost did not finish it. Stupid and boring, it seemed designed to pander to immature teenagers that are in need of an uninspiring adrenaline rush. Bad acting everywhere. The toughest kid in the school looked like a big girl could kick his butt. They tried to make him look tough by having him wear a MUSCLE shirt - only he had no muscles. The only child actor that seemed CLOSE to believable was the main kid's sister.

And the BIG BAD killer-villain drove a BLACK van ( oouu so scary). And he had a signature of a bunch of BLACK balloons (oouu so unique, what a great story line touch, so well written). And the BLACK phone helping the little HERO by sending him clues about hoe to escape from dead previous victims of the big, BAD balloon-guy. (so well written)

I did like the last scene because our HERO kid had now developed some nads and could now - live happily ever after. The scene was also good because I knew that it was the end of the movie........BLACK phony

However, I DO like the idea of movie reviews. I would like to see one about the sci/fi series "Raised by Wolves" which on a free special from HBO max ( I believe). I only saw the 1st episode, which I like a lot. Also, another interesting sci/fi movie that I like was "After Yang" which was set in the near future. A BELIEVABLE future without the wars of too many special effects, just good acting and drama. Colin Farrell was in it........a very solid actor. Another good non fiction movie that would be good to talk about is "The House of Gucci" a true story starring Adam Driver and Lady Gaga, who surprised me as a VERY good actor!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2022, 10:52 AM
Sage

Adam Driver is an excellent actor.

The Black Phone is doing well with the reviews by critics and audience members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I saw it and was NOT impressed. Almost did not finish it. Stupid and boring, it seemed designed to pander to immature teenagers that are in need of an uninspiring adrenaline rush. Bad acting everywhere. The toughest kid in the school looked like a big girl could kick his butt. They tried to make him look tough by having him wear a MUSCLE shirt - only he had no muscles. The only child actor that seemed CLOSE to believable was the main kid's sister.

And the BIG BAD killer-villain drove a BLACK van ( oouu so scary). And he had a signature of a bunch of BLACK balloons (oouu so unique, what a great story line touch, so well written). And the BLACK phone helping the little HERO by sending him clues about hoe to escape from dead previous victims of the big, BAD balloon-guy. (so well written)

I did like the last scene because our HERO kid had now developed some nads and could now - live happily ever after. The scene was also good because I knew that it was the end of the movie........BLACK phony

However, I DO like the idea of movie reviews. I would like to see one about the sci/fi series "Raised by Wolves" which on a free special from HBO max ( I believe). I only saw the 1st episode, which I like a lot. Also, another interesting sci/fi movie that I like was "After Yang" which was set in the near future. A BELIEVABLE future without the wars of too many special effects, just good acting and drama. Colin Farrell was in it........a very solid actor. Another good non fiction movie that would be good to talk about is "The House of Gucci" a true story starring Adam Driver and Lady Gaga, who surprised me as a VERY good actor!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2022, 10:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post

We saw it at AMC in Leesburg, where we go to movies a lot. Really scary, loved it on a big screen.

Quick point or reminder - get an A-List membership at the AMC and you can see up to 3 movies per week; at any AMC (plus, advanced reserved seating, waived convenience fees, concessions perks, etc; and cutting edge audio/visual technology).

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 08-20-2022, 10:22 PM
Sage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
We saw it at AMC in Leesburg, where we go to movies a lot. Really scary, loved it on a big screen.

Quick point or reminder - get an A-List membership at the AMC and you can see up to 3 movies per week; at any AMC (plus, advanced reserved seating, waived convenience fees, concessions perks, etc; and cutting edge audio/visual technology).
Good information. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
king, book, wrote, son, work

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.