How many movies do you see per year at theaters?

View Poll Results: What kind of movie buffs do we have on TOTV. How many movies do you see per year?
0-10 6 60.00%
10-20 1 10.00%
20-30 2 20.00%
30-40 0 0%
40-50 0 0%
50-60 0 0%
70-80 0 0%
80-90 0 0%
90-100 0 0%
100-150 0 0%
150-200 1 10.00%
200 + 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Taltarzac
Default How many movies do you see per year at theaters?

I think I see about 3 movies a week at theaters on average. That's 52 x 3 = 156 per year.

How many movies to TOTV users see per year? This poll was in the Villages Daily Sun or something like it recently. Thought it was a good question for here too.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:48 PM
Dancing Thyme
Default Re: How many movies do you see per year at theaters?

Tal, For me, I think the first category has too much of a spread. I think 1-5 would be more appropriate, lol.

Do movies we see on TV count? Like the oldie movies on TBN, or something like that??

Last movie I saw in the Movie theater was My Big Fat Greek Wedding, which was hysterical. The one before that was Star Wars. As you can tell, not a big movie fan. Maybe when I retire to TV, I'll have more time and incentive. We should set up a movie club (think this was mentioned on a post recently) where a few of us could meet, if we want, so that we're not going alone. What do you think? Maybe then I'd get my butt into a theater.

Good poll. Thanks, Tal. Kathie :redface:

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-31-2008, 09:57 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI
Tal, For me, I think the first category has too much of a spread. I think 1-5 would be more appropriate, lol.

Do movies we see on TV count? Like the oldie movies on TBN, or something like that??

Last movie I saw in the Movie theater was My Big Fat Greek Wedding, which was hysterical. The one before that was Star Wars. As you can tell, not a big movie fan. Maybe when I retire to TV, I'll have more time and incentive. We should set up a movie club (think this was mentioned on a post recently) where a few of us could meet, if we want, so that we're not going alone. What do you think? Maybe then I'd get my butt into a theater.

Good poll. Thanks, Tal. Kathie :redface:
No, movies at home do not count. Just movies actually at the theater. Star Wars and then My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Was that the re-issue of Star Wars, I hope? :joke: Really liked My Big Fat Greek Wedding too and where I was living at the time was near Tarpon Springs, FL., which has a good sized Greek population. They mentioned Tarpon Springs during the Olympics broadcast back in 2004 as they were talking about Greek communities in the US.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:41 PM
Sage

We saw Juno at LSL theatre last Sat. night. Quite entertaining. However arrive early, we had to sit in the front 3 rows back, my neck still hurts. Those damm snowbirds got all the good seats.

Barefoot ;D ;D
Old 01-31-2008, 11:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I see more movies when in TV during the summer months than I do the rest of the year here in Michigan. However, we saw "Atonement" last weekend. In my opinion, it is worth the watch...although I left the theater feeling emotionally drained.

Last summer I saw the remake of "Hairspray" and still smile thinking of John Travolta as Edna Turnblad. What a great movie!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
We saw Juno at LSL theatre last Sat. night. Quite entertaining. However arrive early, we had to sit in the front 3 rows back, my neck still hurts. Those damm snowbirds got all the good seats.

Barefoot ;D ;D
Will have to check out that movie Juno soon. :bigthumbsup:
Old 02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

We never go to the movies, unless we are in TV's..The Villages Florida

John is 6"5 and his legs don't fit...When he is in TV's, he will sit through a movie..The Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 02-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Veteran member

Haven't been to the movies in a while because it is becoming difficult to read the captions but I still love the live piano music. I heard a rumor a while back that a few theaters are beginning to show something called "talkies". Some new fangdangled technology I suppose.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 02-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01
I see more movies when in TV during the summer months than I do the rest of the year here in Michigan. However, we saw "Atonement" last weekend. In my opinion, it is worth the watch...although I left the theater feeling emotionally drained.

Last summer I saw the remake of "Hairspray" and still smile thinking of John Travolta as Edna Turnblad. What a great movie!
that Atonement is "emotionally" draining. Thought it was more of a "chick flick" than Juno and especially No Country for Old Men. Does not look like There Will Be Blood will be coming to the Villages' two theaters. Could be wrong though on that account.

Also liked Hairspray. ;D
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.