DODSWORTH, tonight

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Default DODSWORTH, tonight

One of my favorite movies will be on TCM tonight at 8pm, starring Walter Huston. Enjoy! Herb
Old 06-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi Herb,

I was not familiar with the movie Dodsworth so I looked at the description. It sounds like a movie I would like, too. But, alas, I saw your post too late to watch it. It was almost over.

So I forwarded through the menu to see if maybe they were repeating it later. I did not find that one, but I found 4 other oldies but goodies and set the DVR to record those.

Thank you for reminding me about that station with all those wonderful old movies. And I will keep watching for Dodsworth. It should show up again, eventually.

Boomer
Old 06-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Just hit submit on that last post and as soon as I did, Sinclair Lewis popped into my head for some reason and then I remembered. Dodsworth and Elmer Gantry -- both of those books by Sinclair Lewis were made into movies.

Ah -- yet another useless piece of information that was stored in my brain somewhere down deep. Weird. I hit submit and there came Sinclair Lewis. Geez......I wonder if I read the book maybe. Probably. Oh, who knows. But I want to see the movie.

Goodnight.

Boomer
Old 06-05-2011, 11:55 AM

I watched it also last night very good movie then I watched the movie with Bettie Davis and Barry Sullivan very good also nothing like the old movies...I will be watching the old movies being there is nothing on TV right now.....

Josephine
Old 06-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb View Post
One of my favorite movies will be on TCM tonight at 8pm, starring Walter Huston. Enjoy! Herb
Herb:

I am a big fan of the old movies, especially the thirty's and forties. Dodsworth is one of my favorites so it was appointment television for me.

I watched and taped it. The other movie on that tape is "The Best Years of Our Lives". What a combination of great movies.

I love the line where he says to his wife, "Have I told you today how much I adore you."

I will check into starting a 1930' and 1940's movie club when I move to TV.

Would anyone have an interest in belonging to this type of club?
Old 06-05-2011, 04:37 PM

TCM is on in my home most of the time. I find those movies to be top entertainment. 2B I agree that The Best Years should be high on any list of great movies. What a wonderful entwining of lives. Then to have a young woman pursue a man in the 40's, wow.
I'm patiently waiting for Mrs Miniver with Greer Carson and Walter Pigeon, another brilliant look into lives. Thank you for writing and sharing thoughts amnd yes Boomer Sinclair Lewis did a great job on Dodsworth. Herb
Old 06-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb View Post
TCM is on in my home most of the time. I find those movies to be top entertainment. 2B I agree that The Best Years should be high on any list of great movies. What a wonderful entwining of lives. Then to have a young woman pursue a man in the 40's, wow.
I'm patiently waiting for Mrs Miniver with Greer Carson and Walter Pigeon, another brilliant look into lives. Thank you for writing and sharing thoughts amnd yes Boomer Sinclair Lewis did a great job on Dodsworth. Herb
Herb:

I automatically view with the channel guide to see what is on TCM.

The old classics in black and white are some of the best films ever made.

IMHO - Dodsworth was a multi-layered file as it was about a marriage, accepting growing older and finding happiness.

I plan on upgrading my DVD collection as soon as I move to TV.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.