Elvis Movie

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2022, 06:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default Elvis Movie

We went to an Epic theater in Mt. Dora to see this film. I highly recommend this movie as many parts of it is like being at a live event with Elvis. I remember so distinctly what is was like to see Elvis in person, twice at the International Hotel in Las Vegas and twice at the Nassau Collisum on Long Island. The second LI performance I sat so close to the stage. The Vegas shows were more intimate and we sat in a banquet close to the stage.

The actor who plays Elvis is amazing and does such a convincing job of his mannerisms and voice. His look is pretty much spot on too in most scenes too. I read about the actor after seeing the movie and the actor does all the singing as young Elvis. As Elvis matured in the movie, his actual recordings were mixed with the actor's voice to get that beautiful tone of his voice.

About the theater.......this Epic theater in Mt. Dora has stadium style seating AND recliner chairs. You cannot beat this set up for a movie theater. The screen is the largest screen in these parts that I have seen. What a fantastic experience. We will be going back to see "Elvis" again and will go back to this theater. There is also an Epic theater in Ocala but this one in Mt. Dora is 10 miles closer. These theaters are certainly not as convenient as the theater in The Villages, but for a movie like this one, it it well worth our while to travel a bit.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
We went to an Epic theater in Mt. Dora to see this film. I highly recommend this movie as many parts of it is like being at a live event with Elvis. I remember so distinctly what is was like to see Elvis in person, twice at the International Hotel in Las Vegas and twice at the Nassau Collisum on Long Island. The second LI performance I sat so close to the stage. The Vegas shows were more intimate and we sat in a banquet close to the stage.

The actor who plays Elvis is amazing and does such a convincing job of his mannerisms and voice. His look is pretty much spot on too in most scenes too. I read about the actor after seeing the movie and the actor does all the singing as young Elvis. As Elvis matured in the movie, his actual recordings were mixed with the actor's voice to get that beautiful tone of his voice.

About the theater.......this Epic theater in Mt. Dora has stadium style seating AND recliner chairs. You cannot beat this set up for a movie theater. The screen is the largest screen in these parts that I have seen. What a fantastic experience. We will be going back to see "Elvis" again and will go back to this theater. There is also an Epic theater in Ocala but this one in Mt. Dora is 10 miles closer. These theaters are certainly not as convenient as the theater in The Villages, but for a movie like this one, it it well worth our while to travel a bit.
Thank you. I’ve heard good things from a few friends that have seen the movie. We will definitely see it.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:34 AM

We will be going to see Elvis next week after the crowds die down. Haven't been to Dora yet but we did go to the playhouse in Lake Sumter. Not doing to do that again....seats are so close together and do not recline and smelled bad....will do AMC in Leasburg, pretty good theater.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:40 PM

Thanks for the movie review. Sounds like we will definitely be checking it out. And thanks for the heads up about the theater.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The actor playing Elvis was amazing. The Epic Theater is awesome but the movie was terrible. Two girls sitting next to me left after 20 minutes and I wanted to follow them. Almost no new information about Elvis’ story and the idea of having Col Parker narrate it was awful. On top of that there were a lot of chaotic scenes with everything on the screen spins or upside down. We did stay til the end but were extremely disappointed.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
elvis, theater, movie, actor, voice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.