Fake Dog

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2020, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcuse View Post
I just read yesterday that this movie is now projected to lose $50 million so it sounds like the reaction by potential movie goers who heard about the use of CGI was to not pay the money to see it. The article in Variety said the CGI was very expensive and drove the costs through the roof. It said they needed to gross between $250 and $275 million to break even. Sounds like the CGI decision was a costly error.
Harrison Ford’s ‘Call of the Wild’ to Lose $50 Million at Box Office – Variety

It seems to have lost money too due to the coronavirus due to closed theaters in Asia.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcuse View Post
I just read yesterday that this movie is now projected to lose $50 million so it sounds like the reaction by potential movie goers who heard about the use of CGI was to not pay the money to see it. The article in Variety said the CGI was very expensive and drove the costs through the roof. It said they needed to gross between $250 and $275 million to break even. Sounds like the CGI decision was a costly error.
My neighbor tried to go last week to see Call of the Wild and he said it was sold out. I rented two movies at Redbox last week and I loved the first one. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I had been standoffish on Quinton Tarantino movies because of his comments about cops a couple of years ago. I decided to watch this one because it had music of Paul Revere and the Raiders. The film I gave a 10. I graduated high school in 1968 and this film based on 1969 hit home with me on everything. I usually don't dig the long drawn-out dialogue that Tarantino films are known for, but this one, it was good. If you're looking for a flashback, go see this movie.

The Villages Florida

The other film I saw, I didn't love, but liked and gave it an 8 out of 10. It's JoJo Rabbit, and has the most unusual story-line anyone could come up with. It's about a ten year boy who is in the Nazi Youth group and has an imaginary friend who pops up now and then, Adolph Hitler. He is being raised by a single mother, played by Scarlett Johansson. It's a dramedy. Hard to believe it would have humor, but it does, but it also has tragedy.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-04-2020, 07:59 AM
Gold member

I had a few hours to kill last week, and being a life long Jack London fan, thought I would see Call of the Wild. What a waste of ten bucks. The technology is good, but the ridiculous situations and the dog's near-human reactions to those situations simply made me grimace. They took a great story and made it into a typical Hollywood multi-cultural mess. I didn't stay for the end.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:31 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

i lasted 15 minutes .. went across the street to City Fire and had a couple of drinks while my wife watched until the end .. we were both happy .. she didnt have to listen to me complain and I found a seat outside and enjoyed myself too
Old 03-04-2020, 04:10 PM
Platinum member

We all employ "suspension of disbelief", but are selective. I cannot accept six-shot revolvers that never run out of ammo or movies with military men with mullet haircuts but am OK with fire breathing dragons, unicorns, and talking teddy bears.

Tags
dog, lots, cgmi--also, fake, unemployed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.