The Florida Project

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2017, 09:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default The Florida Project

Member of Movie Pass - $9.95/mo for one movie a day, except 3D. All 3 TV theaters in the mix. Have seen 5 movies the last 2 weeks. Unbelievable deal. moviepass.com

Yesterday went to Brownwood to see Daddys Home 2. Could only take 20 minutes of it... Left, and looked around for another movie about to start (one I hadn't seen yet). Decided on The Florida Project. 2 hours of vulgarity, depression, and documentary-like film-making. BUT... it had a great impact on me as no other recent film.

If you don't mind experiencing, first-hand, the underbelly of reality from an area of the USA very close to us (Orlando area near Disney)... go see this.
I was ready to walk out after 10 minutes but the children in the movie drew me in.

Last edited by DeanFL; 11-19-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Member of Movie Pass - $9.95/mo for one movie a day, except 3D. All 3 TV theaters in the mix. Have seen 5 movies the last 2 weeks. Unbelievable deal. moviepass.com

Yesterday went to Brownwood to see Daddys Day 2. Could only take 20 minutes of it... Left, and looked around for another movie about to start (one I hadn't seen yet). Decided on The Florida Project. 2 hours of vulgarity, depression, and documentary-like film-making. BUT... it had a great impact on me as no other recent film.

If you don't mind experiencing, first-hand, the underbelly of reality from an area of the USA very close to us (Orlando area near Disney)... go see this.
I was ready to walk out after 10 minutes but the children in the movie drew me in.
I will probably wait for the DVDs. I usually only have time for one to two movies a week unless company are here and they enjoy going to a lot of movies. My nieces from CA saw Rock of Ages twice in three days in the five days or so they were here. Rock of Ages (2012) - Rotten Tomatoes
Old 11-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

I'm not a big movie buff, but I think it's amazing the many opportunities you have in TV to see all kinds of movies within a golf cart ride distance. Although I currently live right outside a major city, I would have to drive 30-60 minutes by car to see some movies, like the The Florida Project for instance, that are shown in only small theatres around here.

Just pointing out another advantage that all of you have that live in TV.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
I'm not a big movie buff, but I think it's amazing the many opportunities you have in TV to see all kinds of movies within a golf cart ride distance. Although I currently live right outside a major city, I would have to drive 30-60 minutes by car to see some movies, like the The Florida Project for instance, that are shown in only small theatres around here.

Just pointing out another advantage that all of you have that live in TV.
A long golf cart ride for people at the north side of the Villages to Brownwood's Barnstorm Theater. It is nice to go to Old Mill Playhouse in a golf cart.

The Rialto Theater here usually gets the art house type movies while the blockbuster ones go to Brownwood or the Old Mill Playhouse.

They do have movie festivals here as well.

There was a time in the Villages when they did not get a certain movie distributor's movies because they did not want to get stuck showing with some of the movies the movie theater managers/owners did not think were a good fit with the Villages.

So I had to drive to Ocala or Leesburg to see these. Like 3:10 to Yuma and The Lincoln Lawyer . The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) - Rotten Tomatoes

They settled that matter so now we get Lionsgate movies here. List of theatrically released Lionsgate films - Wikipedia

I seem to remember they did not even show The Hunger Games here as I went to see it at a $5 theater in Belleview. Belleview Cinemas Showtimes - Belleview, FL, 34420 | Moviefone

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 11-19-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
movie, minutes, area, day, project

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.