SONY releasing The Interview

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Default SONY releasing The Interview

said to be released on Christmas day
would you go? any day?

I would have NEVER gone to see this movie but now I want to.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:05 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

There is a part of me that wants to go just to show NK that threats don't work. At the same time, I think a comedy about assassinating a standing leader is abhorrent. The subject matter wins, so, no, I won't be seeing this movie.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-24-2014, 06:07 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

After all the hullabaloo over this picture from North Korea, the threats, etc., there is no way in heck that I would miss it now! I'm not anticipating that it is a particularly great picture or that I will particularly enjoy it but I sure as heck will see it now - no way I could not go.

I think Sony, and this picture, got more free advertising out of North Korea than any unlimited advertising budget could ever have purchased. No, I don't think that was Sony's master plan all along, I think it was just serendipitous.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:06 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Most of Hollywood represent all that is wrong with the world but they survive and thrive because they offer all the glitz and glamour needed to cover up what a cess pool they really are. I was actually happy that they got hacked Seth Rogen creation Interview reflects who he is and how unaware or unconcern people like him are. I mean who would do a in your face movie about the most dangerous and unstable leader in the world and not expect retaliation?

I would have never seen this movie or have any other he was any part of

Again i would like to see the government buy this movie and drop USB sticks by balloons over north Korea
Old 12-24-2014, 08:12 AM

There was a movie a few years back about the assassination of george W. It was a British film, no one blinked an eye. Bad taste YUP. But we filter out bad taste movie through our buying power. What scares me is if we let them dictate what movies we can see... What's next bad editorials, books etc. that's the beauty of free speech WE decide
Old 12-24-2014, 08:18 AM
Sage
Does anyone know if Mr Morse is going to allow this movie to be shown here in The Villages?
Old 12-24-2014, 08:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Does anyone know if Mr Morse is going to allow this movie to be shown here in The Villages?

???
Old 12-24-2014, 08:36 AM

I would not have gone to see the movie but now want to just to support Sony and free speech. I checked and heard that it would not be in any of our theaters.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:24 AM

That statement " would Mr Morse allow" SCARES me
Old 12-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Sage
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/the-int...973892472.html

According to this article from Yahoo movies, the only theater showing The Interview in the entire state of Florida is in Jacksonville. However, the list will be updated throughout the day.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Sage
Sony to Put

YouTube has tentatively agreed to put The Interview out as a pay-per-view option. No details given as to when this will start.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

From the CBS National News last night, it sounded like this whole hack of Sony was actually an inside job done by a disgruntled tech savvy ex-employee of Sony. That sounds more likely unless North Korea had a spy inside Sony which is quite a stretch. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/did-the-...n-north-korea/

North Korea may not have had anything to do with this hack. And the hacker was after money at first and never even mentioned the film The Interview.

You know I have had first hand experience with a criminal investigation --the 2 24 1976 murder of Michelle Mitchell in Reno, Nevada near the University of Nevada, Reno campus-- and facts often take a long time to surface especially when there are very emotional people demanding answers. The Michelle Mitchell case was not even solved until 1979 and in 2014 it sounds like they got the wrong person in 1979. The Mitchells (the parents of Michelle) were two Reno area high school teachers and this case got very heavy press in Northern Nevada. There was a huge interest in solving the Michelle Mitchell murder because of the press and the parents of the victim.

We should wait and see if the facts do come out.

The Interview is a movie I would probably wait for Redbox but might go see if it stays timely and it comes to the Villages.

I would expect that the Morses' lawyers might have a say in whether or not it gets to the Villages just because of liability concerns.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Sage

You will be able to rent or buy the movie....

http://6abc.com/news/sony-distribute...online/449518/

Personally doesn't seem to be something I would want to see.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:46 PM

Publicity stunt. Did anyone REALLY think it would not be released?
Old 12-24-2014, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
You will be able to rent or buy the movie....

http://6abc.com/news/sony-distribute...online/449518/

Personally doesn't seem to be something I would want to see.
Sounds like a rather stupid movie from what I have read about it so I will probably wait for Redbox. I am not a big fan of Seth Rogan's work. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_interview_2014/
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.