Joe Pesci in The Irishman. (2019)

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2019, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
The Irishman (2019 film - Wikipedia) Making the movie was DeNiro's idea after he read the book. I Heard You Paint Houses - Wikipedia
That's great but the guy who put it together? That would be Martin Scorsese

Martin Scorsese brings together (and de-ages) three septuagenarian legends — De Niro, Pacino and Joe Pesci — for the film that started as a much more traditional genre piece and transformed into a different type of mob movie.

Tal, in a respectful manner to you I just typed, Who Put The Irishman Together and that was the result. Typing Google is your friend is not something I would ever do to you, not yet anyway.

Your guy had the idea, Mr. Scorsese put it together.

A moment ago I heard on the News, not sure what channel my wife has on but they said the movie got it all wrong and that Someone said Something Else and Did Something Different than what the movie reported! Time will tell. This was the first time I heard it.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:37 AM
Gold member

Really good acting; interesting story; way too long. I was thinking during the last thirty minutes, can I get through this in one sitting or do I have to watch the end tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:38 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosells View Post
Did you notice former priest and frequent Fox News contributor Jonathon Morris had a cameo role ?
I noticed that the priest was very familiar, but couldn't place him. Thanks for solving that mystery for me.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:22 PM
TOTV Moderator

The topic is the movie "The Irishman". A number of posts were removed that were off topic, straying into political or directed at other members.

Please stay on topic or the thread will be closed.

Moderator.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Mr. Boomer liked it. I fell asleep, though while I was awake I did like the music and the cars.

I have a question: Was that a Hudson or a Packard the Irishman was driving in the early days of his various “jobs”?

I did not get a close enough look. The body-style looked like a Hudson but the hood ornament made me think of a Packard. I did not pause the movie for a closer look and probably will not watch it again. Anybody know what that car was?
Old 12-04-2019, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Mr. Boomer liked it. I fell asleep, though while I was awake I did like the music and the cars.

I have a question: Was that a Hudson or a Packard the Irishman was driving in the early days of his various “jobs”?

I did not get a close enough look. The body-style looked like a Hudson but the hood ornament made me think of a Packard. I did not pause the movie for a closer look and probably will not watch it again. Anybody know what that car was?
De Niro movie 'The Irishman' filming in Suffern

Could be clue in these pictures??
Old 12-04-2019, 09:51 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
De Niro movie 'The Irishman' filming in Suffern

Could be clue in these pictures??

Neither of those was it. The one I was talking about was an earlier model than those in the pictures. Pretty sure it was a Hudson or a Packard but I don’t know for sure.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Neither of those was it. The one I was talking about was an earlier model than those in the pictures. Pretty sure it was a Hudson or a Packard but I don’t know for sure.
I thought it was Hudson. It sure had great lines!
Old 12-05-2019, 08:38 AM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
I thought it was Hudson. It sure had great lines!

Opus, you are right. It was a Hudson. And those sure are beautiful lines. (I love cars that look like they are moving when they are parked.) Those lines and that third side window should have told me. It was the hood ornament that gave me second thoughts.

It looks like Hudsons were classic beauties from 1950 through 1952. 1953 was nothing close to those glorious 3 years, and then Nash got them and made them ugly -- though more practical, I guess.

I found pictures late last night. I must warn that opening this link can cause a serious case of nostalgia. Side effects can include spending a lot of time pointing and clicking around the whole site, along with flashbacks to a time when all cars did not look alike. (I could not stop looking at the car section. But I will go back later and look at all those other topics.)

Those early Hudsons were beautiful, but, for me, there is nothing that can top a 1959 Cadillac convertible. I would be happy with either one. But (sigh) that will never happen. Oh well, at least I have my '59 Cadillac Christmas ornament.

I digress.

Here's the link:

1950s Cars - Hudson

Last edited by Boomer; 12-05-2019 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Boomer, I'm certainly glad that you identified the car. It was driving me nuts. I saw the same car on a show called Chasing Classic Cars or a show like that one some years back and fell in love with the look but couldn't remember the name. It surely fits into the movie as did the Lincoln Town Car. I had that same Lincoln and it was sort of a lite color green outside and deep green inside. In the late 70's it was really something. Now the same car in that color would be NOTHING.

The attention to detail with the vehicles was fantastic. This Movie has to win all the awards I hope!
Old 01-22-2020, 05:52 AM
Sage
Default Great movie, but it is long...

It took me about 4 days to get through "The Irishmen". Great movie with outstanding performances all round, but quite long. Until I saw the movie, I hadn't realized that it has been almost 45 years since Jimmy Hoffa "disappeared."

So who deserves to get the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor...Al Pacino or Joe Pesci? And did Robert DeNiro get snubbed by the Oscars by not getting a Best Actor nomination?

Tags
irishman, pesci, interesting, netflix, november

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.