Joker (2019) Possible spoilers.

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2019, 08:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Default Joker (2019) Possible spoilers.

Joker (2019) - Rotten Tomatoes

This was really got to me. Not sure if I liked it or not. Very good acting but not all that entertaining. Just a little too real for me.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:34 PM
Sage
Question

No one else has seen this??
Old 10-16-2019, 09:49 AM
Sage

No other reviews of this so far.

I do seem to like Joker more than I have thought about it even if I still fin it disturbing on so many levels as there are people very much like this character in mental hospitals around the world as well as still walking our streets.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:16 AM
Default Dark and Violent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
No one else has seen this??
Would not recommend the movie. A very depressing, dark and violent movie. We walked out half way thru the movie!!!!
Old 10-16-2019, 11:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimondAngels View Post
Would not recommend the movie. A very depressing, dark and violent movie. We walked out half way thru the movie!!!!
That description does fit. Kind of a trend with some of these Batman movies.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:47 AM

I enjoyed it . Joaquin Phoenix will win an award for this movie. This will lead to Batman vs Joker in the near future.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
I enjoyed it . Joaquin Phoenix will win an award for this movie. This will lead to Batman vs Joker in the near future.
He deserves it. I actually like him more in Mary Magdalene as Jesus.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I saw Joker yesterday, I gave it a 10 out of 10. It was great. It's not an action hero movie or even a DC Comic movie. It's about a person's decent into madness. If you liked in one form or another; Taxi Driver, V for Vendetta or American Psycho as far as storyline or the slow psychological change in a person's persona in films like The Shinning, Falling Down or The Black Swam, then you will enjoy this film. It was totally character driven with no plot, just the daily routine and mundane life of someone who has a terrible upbringing, living at home and taking care of his feeble mother and his eventual demise.

The only relationship to Batman is that the film takes place in Gotham City. I never spend money at the movies to see a film on IMDB (Internet Movie Database) that has a rating less than 7.0. Generally films rated 8.0 or above are very good and films 8.5 or above are exceptional. The Joker has a rating at this very moment of 8.9 from 310,261 voters, people just like you and me that belong to IMDB.

I loved the scene where he takes his character to a new level dressed in his red suit and dances down the steps to Gary Glitter's Rock N Roll Part 2. I was at a fairly packed house yesterday at $5 Tuesday at LSL and I didn't see one person leave early.

The Villages Florida
Old 10-16-2019, 01:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
He deserves it. I actually like him more in Mary Magdalene as Jesus.
I liked him best as Johnny Cash in Walk the Line. I gave that film a 9 out of 10.

The Villages Florida
Old 10-16-2019, 01:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I liked him best as Johnny Cash in Walk the Line. I gave that film a 9 out of 10.

The Villages Florida
That was a very good movie and I am a HUGE fan of Reese Witherspoon for many reasons.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I saw Joker yesterday, I gave it a 10 out of 10. It was great. It's not an action hero movie or even a DC Comic movie. It's about a person's decent into madness. If you liked in one form or another; Taxi Driver, V for Vendetta or American Psycho as far as storyline or the slow psychological change in a person's persona in films like The Shinning, Falling Down or The Black Swam, then you will enjoy this film. It was totally character driven with no plot, just the daily routine and mundane life of someone who has a terrible upbringing, living at home and taking care of his feeble mother and his eventual demise.

The only relationship to Batman is that the film takes place in Gotham City. I never spend money at the movies to see a film on IMDB (Internet Movie Database) that has a rating less than 7.0. Generally films rated 8.0 or above are very good and films 8.5 or above are exceptional. The Joker has a rating at this very moment of 8.9 from 310,261 voters, people just like you and me that belong to IMDB.

I loved the scene where he takes his character to a new level dressed in his red suit and dances down the steps to Gary Glitter's Rock N Roll Part 2. I was at a fairly packed house yesterday at $5 Tuesday at LSL and I didn't see one person leave early.

The Villages Florida
"The only relationship to Batman is the film takes place in Gotham City". There were many episodes that connect Batman to this movie. Arthur (Joker) was beaten by 3 drunks on the train, they were Wayne Enterprise businessman. Arthur (Joker) went to the Wayne complex and met the little boy at the gate. That was Bruce Wayne(Batman). Arthur met Bruce Wayne's dad in the bathroom and got punched in the face. Bruce Wayne and parents left the theater and the parents got shot in the alley. Bruce(Batman) witnessed it. Arthur's mom worked for the Wayne's.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
"The only relationship to Batman is the film takes place in Gotham City". There were many episodes that connect Batman to this movie. Arthur (Joker) was beaten by 3 drunks on the train, they were Wayne Enterprise businessman. Arthur (Joker) went to the Wayne complex and met the little boy at the gate. That was Bruce Wayne(Batman). Arthur met Bruce Wayne's dad in the bathroom and got punched in the face. Bruce Wayne and parents left the theater and the parents got shot in the alley. Bruce(Batman) witnessed it. Arthur's mom worked for the Wayne's.
Yes, you're right, I totally forgot about the Wayne family angle which opened the door to Bruce Wayne and Batman. I was thinking more along the lines of what did The Joker connect to the movie. I must missed the three drunks worked for Wayne, I thought they were Wall Streeters, rich guys which everyone hated. Since it was the 80's, they could played Krokus "Eat the Rich", that would be correct decade.

I would of liked to have seen a tie-in at the end. When Joker was on the hood of the police car and he stood and the crowd of clowns began to cheer, on the screen would be the words "20 years later". The next scene would be the opening bank robbery of Dark Knight, and then the end of the movie.

I also thought in the beginning instead of already employed as a clown, he had a beard and applied for the clown job. The employer said to lose the beard and when he shaved it off, his scars were visible, so he wore the red lip make-up to cover the scars, which tied in to Dark Knight again. They already said his mother's boyfriends abused him as a child. They could changed boyfriends to father had caused the scars so it would of tied in to Dark Knight. Overall I enjoyed the film.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:34 PM

Liked the movie. Yes, it was gruesome in certain parts but the portrayal of this character was incredible. The acting by Joaquin was one of his best.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Plus the hint of the possibility that Arthur could be Bruce’s older half brother.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:45 PM
Sage

Just went to see Joker and gotta add my two cents, even though most disagree...

I didn't like the movie much at all. I can see how people might. And Phoenix's performance was good. But both the movie and the lead performance were just too...well...toooooo...pick your adjective. I saw it with my kids and my wife and they all liked it. I know I'm in the minority. But it was just so artsy and self-absorbed. Too much so for my tastes.

Time to go watch The Dark Knight!
Closed Thread

Tags
acting, good, entertaining, real, spoilers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.