Leatherheads, new George Clooney directed movie

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Taltarzac
Default Leatherheads, new George Clooney directed movie

Anyone seen the movie Leatherheads yet? It did not do that well over the weekend with an estimated take of about $13.5 million. That was way below my guess of around $21.6 million for the-Numbers.com weekly box office prognostication contest.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Sage
Default Re: Leatherheads, new George Clooney directed movie

I did not see it. The clips do not capture my interest, although George Clooney always does! ;D This is the film he left the Writer's Guild over. A big step. So, I do hope it does well for him.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
I did not see it. The clips do not capture my interest, although George Clooney always does! ;D This the film he left the Writer's Guild over. A big step. So, I do hope it does well for him.
Back in 2003 around April when I was still volunteering at Palm Harbor's 2 public libraries for about 10 to 14 hours per week, I got an e-mail from someone claiming to be "George Clooney". A "Lifetime Channel" PA or someone claiming to be one--Vanessa-- wrote me an e-mail about what I had posted on Findlaw's Writ's message board about the Scott Peterson case.

We got in a very lengthy discussion of my fight for survivors' rights and the weapons used sometimes by the law librarianship powers that be-- to put my mental health in question while simultaneously blacklisting me from work in that profession-- and low and behold I received a e-mail from "George Clooney" claiming he was dating this "Lifetime Channel" PA.

Still do not know if this really was the George Clooney but the "Lifetime Channel" Assistant-- Vanessa-- seemed very honest and very much concerned about the abuse of labels of mental illness as a means of social engineering. Incidentally, this was/is a favorite trick of many totalitarian regimes where there are no genuine checks and balances in place.

There was another important feature of my struggle getting practical information for survivors' of crimes information into libraries but I like to try to keep that off of the Internet as best I can.

Am a big fan of George Clooney. :bigthumbsup:

Told the same story in e-mails to various celebrities like Tom Cruise and Jim Carrey but never got back any answers except for one e-mail from Tom Clancy.

It is quite easy to check over the Internet if various libraries have such and such a resource which would be helpful for survivors and victims of crimes to have ready access to like the FL Victim Services Directory and other similar directories.

I had hoped to get celebrities involved with my cause of empowering survivors of crimes through ready access to practical information through libraries as well as on the Internet.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Sage

Tal, it could very well have been from George Clooney. I used to collect and sell celebrity items on eBay. And one time I was selling something from Elizabeth Taylor and received an email from someone claiming to be Zsa Zsa Gabor's assistant. Of course I was leery because they wanted me to end the auction and sell the item directing to Ms. Gabor. I had to decline as this is against eBay policy. Then I received this long email, with so much detail, I think it can only have come from her, and since it didn't sell in auction, I ended up giving it to her. She had verified herself to me in many ways. Another time I eBay I was selling a ring dish that had belonged to Lana Turner. My auction went on and on about her 7 marriages, and all the rings this dish must have held, including one from the Johnny Stompanato (sp?) the man that her daughter had stabbed and killed while defending her mother. Low and behold! I receive an email from her daughter Cheryl and I was really taken back because this is the woman that at 16, had murdered her mother's abusive boyfriend. She was very nice and I revised the auction to take reference to her out of it. We emailed back and forth many times and became somewhat, if not frequent, pen pals. So, you never know. Yes, celebrities are as hooked on the Internet and emails as we are!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Taltarzac

George Clooney does or did date quite a bit and Vanessa seemed like an extremely interesting woman from our exchange of e-mails. That could have been him back in 2003. Only got that and maybe one more e-mail from "George Clooney" though. Got some more from Vanessa after that.

I had hoped to get a lot of people involved with my cause by posting a lot of the letters I had received up through 2002 on Findlaw's various message boards in the Summer of 2002 but unfortunately I became a target of just about every regular poster on Findlaw's message boards. That did not go that well but copies of many of the letters I received were on Findlaw's message boards all Summer of 2002.

I am hoping that it was not just various Hollywood PAs-- like Vanessa-- who were fishing on the Internet for story ideas.

I was not even sure what a PA is when Vanessa said she was one for Lifetime. Think its a personal assistant to such and such a bigwig. Or, maybe, it is a production assistant?

Of course, Vanessa could have been just about anyone using the Findlaw message board and pretending to be a Lifetime PA or whatever?? I never had any hard evidence one way on another.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.