The Loved One

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Eternal Member
Default The Loved One

One of the alltime great movies, The Loved One, is on TCM at 5:45 EDT today. It was originally advertised as a movie that had something to offend everyone but strangely I found it wonderful. The cast is simply superb with Bobby Morse (no relation to TV developer), Jonathan Winters, Rod Steiger, Liberace, John Gielgud, an ethereal Anjanette Comer as Aimee Thanatogenous (study your Greek) and a host of others. Once you've seen Mrs. Joyboy, you'll never view TV, TV Guide, or pork the same again. Even I felt it got a tad weird at times, especially the end, but the movie has some of the greatest laugh lines and scenes ever, on a par with "I'll have what she's having."

IMDB has a bit about the movie that describes it perfectly: "After WWII, Evelyn Waugh came to Hollywood to work on a movie adaptation of his novel "Brideshead Revisited". While in Hollywood he went to a funeral at Forest Lawn Memorial Park. Waugh was offended by the pretense of both the American film industry and the American funeral industry, and wove the two together into the novel on which this film was based."
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.