Movie's Being Watched?

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Default Movie's Being Watched?

In the days of social distancing and houseatosis, (cabin fever). I was wondering what movies others were watching.

Last night I watch Space Cowboys. Visual appealing too! Loved "Fly Me To The Moon" by Sinatra at the end.

I started to watch "An American President", but the DVD did not come up full screen so I was disappointed. Please no political comments!

Tonight, it may be "Unforgiven" by Clint Eastwood. One of the best western ever made!!! IMHO

I always have my stock of the old classics to lean on. It's funny how black and white movies seem to have such an appeal. I also like them as the story lines are not convoluted, as some new movies are.

I watch several episode of "Hill Street Blues". A great crime show that blended crime with the officers personal lives.

What are you watching?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-12-2020, 10:59 AM
Gold member

Just finished re watching all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad, next up, The Soprano's. Sure wish I had stock in Netflix!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 04-12-2020, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Watched Season Three of Fargo on Hulu. They have all three Seasons on there.

Tom Hanks hosting SNL with people doing skits in front of their computer cameras from home or with others' help. Like that of their mother/father or spouse.

Red Eye for a movie along with The Grudge from 2020.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
In the days of social distancing and houseatosis, (cabin fever). I was wondering what movies others were watching.

Last night I watch Space Cowboys. Visual appealing too! Loved "Fly Me To The Moon" by Sinatra at the end.

I started to watch "An American President", but the DVD did not come up full screen so I was disappointed. Please no political comments!

Tonight, it may be "Unforgiven" by Clint Eastwood. One of the best western ever made!!! IMHO

I always have my stock of the old classics to lean on. It's funny how black and white movies seem to have such an appeal. I also like them as the story lines are not convoluted, as some new movies are.

I watch several episode of "Hill Street Blues". A great crime show that blended crime with the officers personal lives.

What are you watching?
Wild Bunch ( William Holden ) The Notebook ( James Garner ) , Love Affair ( Cary Grant ) , Equalizer # 2 ( Denzel Washington ).
Old 04-12-2020, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

I rented the original movie CATS (not this past year's version), Judy, and last night I saw Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I rented the original movie CATS (not this past year's version), Judy, and last night I saw Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.
Judy and Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood -- both very good choices!
Old 04-12-2020, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Judy and Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood -- both very good choices!
I earned around $80 in Fandango gift card credit a few years ago with a sales app for work, and only used it a few times online. Now that I can watch it on my choice of devices, I plan on plowing through the credit a bit more.

I also watch movies for free on IMDB. Hubby watches the big-screen TV in the other room. I watch my computer and 28" HD monitor
Old 04-12-2020, 04:03 PM
Veteran member

Watched the original True Grit last night. We had watched the remake last week. Both are excellent. My 25 year old son asked which I liked better. I had to give the nod to the original since I saw it when it 1st came out in the theater. Interesting how both must have taken dialog straight from the book. Some lines were verbatim in both.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:10 PM

“Hunter Killer”, recent submarine movie. Highly recommended,
Old 04-12-2020, 05:23 PM
Veteran member

I don't watch cable TV news as I prefer newspapers and Alexa's BBC and NPR, so I've been catching up on some classics: Ben Hur, Rebel Without a Cause (not really worth the wait) and Lawrence of Arabia. And the not so classic: My One and Only, loosely based on the life of George Hamilton, and the Music Never Stopped, which was excellent.

And although I'm agnostic on the subject (I have way more to learn), lots of episodes of Ancient Aliens and other conspiracy theory videos, just because they're entertaining and thought provoking. Careful if you go there, the latter can be pretty depressing.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post

What are you watching?
Tonight on TCM is Easter Parade. I will be nailed to the sofa. Super corny but such talent.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,048 Times in 2,738 Posts

Last three , The Big Labowski, Focus, and Caddyshack. Thinking about rewatching either The Sons of Anarchy or Deadwood.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Last three , The Big Labowski, Focus, and Caddyshack. Thinking about rewatching either The Sons of Anarchy or Deadwood.
Hmmmm, love The Big Lebowski and of course Caddyshack. But I’ve never heard of Focus, may have to have a look based on you having the other 2 on your list.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The Two Popes. Excellent.
Have to pay for Showtime but The Entire 7 Seasons of Ray Donovan will not disappoint. Godfather of Harlem on Epix which is free for 30 days. It is 10 shows one hour each. Excellent
Old 04-12-2020, 10:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,048 Times in 2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
Hmmmm, love The Big Lebowski and of course Caddyshack. But I’ve never heard of Focus, may have to have a look based on you having the other 2 on your list.
Focus is a very good Will Smith flick with lots of twists and turns. Definitely a good watch.
Closed Thread

Tags
movies, watch, watching, crime, black

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.