Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2020, 08:28 AM

Moulin Rouge !!
Old 04-13-2020, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Wagner View Post
Watching TCM old movies. Lots of oldies but goodies. Also watched Easter Parade last night. Love those musicals. Also catching up on Outlander.
TCM is one of my favorites as well, they don't make em like they use to. Did you see "I wake up Screaming" last week on TCM? It was originally released in '41 as Hot Spot, and bombed (not a joke) mostly because of Pearl Harbor. Re-released in '42 as I wake up screaming and it was a hit. I love researching the movies on IMDB, hard to believe such a beautiful girl like Carole Landis was married 5 times and committed suicide at age 29.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 04-13-2020, 08:41 AM

Richard Jewell - Very good film.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:47 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Not a movie — but I started watching Amazon’s ”Modern Love” last night. It is a well done rom-com. Mr. Boomer even watched it with me, though it is not something he would have picked on his own. I just asked him if he would watch more episodes with me tonight. He mumbled, “Mebbe. “ — But, I think that might be a yes.

We have seen three “Modern Love” episodes so far. Each one is a separate story so that makes it easier not to stay up until 2:00 in the morning — because of the hook built into the end of every episode of series that are one continuous story — like “Ozark” or “Shameless.”

We finished all three seasons of “Ozark.” It sure is a dark story. I do not like any of the people, except for those kids trapped with their awful parents. Also, I like Ruth, who is trapped in a different way but is so smart. I keep hoping she will turn her life around.

Laura Linney, in “Ozark” makes Shakespeare’s Lady MacBeth look like a Sunday School teacher. (And to think she seemed so nice when she introduced “Downton Abbey” on PBS.)

“Schitt’$ Creek” has been my favorite binge of all-time. The dialogue and character development and wardrobes are so much fun to see. And Chris Elliot as Roland Schitt perfectly captures that obnoxiously hilarious character. — The only bad thing is that we just finished all the seasons and there will not be more. Oh well, I guess there is an art to knowing how to quit when you are on top.

Last edited by Boomer; 04-13-2020 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:16 AM

Watched Citizen Kane for the first time ever; not sure why it is considered a classic.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:17 AM
Gold member
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
Watched the original True Grit last night. We had watched the remake last week. Both are excellent. My 25 year old son asked which I liked better. I had to give the nod to the original since I saw it when it 1st came out in the theater. Interesting how both must have taken dialog straight from the book. Some lines were verbatim in both.
Both were GREAT
Old 04-13-2020, 09:17 AM
theruizs

We just finished watching the Marvel Universe films in chronological timeline order instead of release order. An interesting perspective and helps make more sense of it. But now we are both all violenced out. So, I think it’s on to Toy Story 1-4!
Old 04-13-2020, 09:55 AM

I watched Airplane with Peter Graves and Liam Neeson...still funny after all these years.......
Old 04-13-2020, 10:02 AM

I've been watching James Bond movies from the 60s with Sean Connery as Bond.

My husband likes Ray Donovan episodes. We watched The Madea Family Funeral for laughs.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:11 AM

Binge watched all episodes of SHARKNADO. Silly, funny, entertaining. But, on a more serious note, THE HIGHWAYMEN, with Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson. True story of the men took down Bonny and Clyde. Very good movie.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:19 AM

I watched all 5 seasons of Vikings, then watched all episodes of Tiger King. Then I watched all episodes of Letter for the King. I love Netflix and Prime Video, especially when I am housebound.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:29 AM

Lonesome Dove, Return to Lonesome Dove, all seasons of Bosch (next season coming April 17), Unforgettable (British Detective series).
Old 04-13-2020, 10:52 AM
SUENRAN

Deadwood is one of the better series! Just be prepared for some hard language. The series ended way too soon for me.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

I’ve been watching the TV series “Justified” on Netflix, starring Timothy Olyphant. My girlfriend keeps saying “He’s so hot!” I also recommend “Designated Survivor,” starring Kiefer Sutherland, about a minor cabinet secretary who accidentally becomes president. His devotion to honesty, honor, doing the right thing regardless of the votes, etc., is so refreshing and such a good learning experience. I think watching it should be required for everyone running for office. I also recommend “The Blacklist.” James Spader is marvelous in the lead role. And the FBI agent Lizzie grew up in The Villages (grand-daughter of the founder, I think).
Old 04-13-2020, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Watched all of Tiger King (that guy is a psycho), into season 2 of Ozark.

Tags
movies, watch, watching, crime, black

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.