The Old Man With A Gun

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2018, 09:01 AM
Platinum member
Default The Old Man With A Gun

Nice story and no blood or dead bodies.
Robert Redford and Sissy Spacek star in it.
Movie Pass worked for everyone but 2 yesterday per ticket office.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:32 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

I liked The Old Man and the Gun, for the same reasons our OP raynan said above -- "nice story and no blood or dead bodies."

It was nostalgic fun to see Carrie and The Sundance Kid together.

Redford has that charming bad boy thing going --but now in a geriatric way -- not too geriatric though. (Everything is relative, you know.)

I especially liked the scene where the old man and the detective have a conversation and the detective lets him get away. Kind of like when a deer hunter has an elegant, old, twelve point buck in the crosshairs and then lowers his gun.

I like movies about real people but after I see them, I always have to check on how much was real. For this one, I did my checking on a site called History vs. Hollywood. If you are interested, you can google that site along with the title of the movie and you will find that a lot of this one was true. He was really good at escaping from prison. But his mug shots are not nearly as cute as Robert Redford's.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Addendum: I went back and found the site I was talking about when I originally posted. Here's the link:

The Old Man & the Gun vs. the True Story of Forrest Tucker

Last edited by Boomer; 11-09-2018 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I liked The Old Man and the Gun, for the same reasons our OP raynan said above -- "nice story and no blood or dead bodies."

It was nostalgic fun to see Carrie and The Sundance Kid together.

Redford has that charming bad boy thing going --but now in a geriatric way -- not too geriatric though. (Everything is relative, you know.)

I especially liked the scene where the old man and the detective have a conversation and the detective lets him get away. Kind of like when a deer hunter has an elegant, old, twelve point buck in the crosshairs and then lowers his gun.

I like movies about real people but after I see them, I always have to check on how much was real. For this one, I did my checking on a site called History vs. Hollywood. If you are interested, you can google that site along with the title of the movie and you will find that a lot of this one was true. He was really good at escaping from prison. But his mug shots are not nearly as cute as Robert Redford's.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Addendum: I went back and found the site I was talking about when I originally posted. Here's the link:

The Old Man & the Gun vs. the True Story of Forrest Tucker
Boomer ........ nice write up on both Redford and the movie. I think Redford falls under the old "it" category. Was Betty Grable the first IT girl? Anyway whatever IT is Redford definitely has it, Paul Newman was another with incredible good looks and charm. It's nice to know that it really does not matter how old you get, if you have IT, you really never lose it.

As an old movie buff, you have to admit that many of the old time movie stars had that elusive quality, and for a modern example I nominate Anthony Bourdain ... looks, charm, the way he carried himself, for me he had it all.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Tags
worked, pass, star, movie, ticket

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.