Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019). Possible Spoilers.

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Thumbs up

Maya Hawke - Rotten Tomatoes

One of the actresses who plays one of the Charles Manson cult followers is the daughter of Kill Bill and Kill Bill 2's Uma Thurman and actor Ethan Hawke. Kill Bill was also directed by Quentin Tarantino.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:18 PM
Sage
Thumbs up Red Apple cigarettes.

Red Apple cigarettes - The Quentin Tarantino Archives

Some trivia about Quentin Tarantino movies including Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Saw it for a second time and enjoyed it as much as the first, because.this time I was able to appreciate the cinema genius of Tarantino without attentively following the story line.

Here is the trailer for the movie. Please note that this is a restricted preview approved for appropriate audiences. Or as they say.... NSFW.

'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' Red Band Trailer - YouTube

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2019, 11:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Saw it for a second time and enjoyed it as much as the first, because.this time I was able to appreciate the cinema genius of Tarantino without attentively following the story line.

Here is the trailer for the movie. Please note that this is a restricted preview approved for appropriate audiences. Or as they say.... NSFW.

'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' Red Band Trailer - YouTube

It was better the second time for me.

The actress who plays the character who brings the Brad Pitt played character to the Spahn Ranch Spahn Ranch - Wikipedia is the daughter of Andie McDowell. Margaret Qualley - Wikipedia
Old 09-16-2019, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
It was better the second time for me.

The actress who plays the character who brings the Brad Pitt played character to the Spahn Ranch Spahn Ranch - Wikipedia is the daughter of Andie McDowell. Margaret Qualley - Wikipedia
Family resemblance.The Villages Florida

Old 09-24-2019, 09:38 PM
Sage

Finally went to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood today. While I don't love every one of Tarantino's movies, I'm a big Tarantino fan. A few of his movies are on my all-time-favorites list.

Like many QT fans, Pulp Fiction is my favorite. I've watched it many times and will likely watch it many more. The Kill Bill movies (even though QT considers the two movies to be one) are also great. Reservoir dogs was ahead of its time and I like it a lot also, even though the violence put me off a bit the first time I saw it...it was the first time I'd seen a QT movie and didn't know what I was getting into. Heheh.

I consider myself a QT fan because those movies rank among my favorites of all time. But his other movies...Django Unchained, Inglourious Basterds, et. Al....have often left me not quite so impressed. I'm afraid I have to put One Upon a Time in Hollywood in that category.

Pulp Fiction and my other favorites were good enough the first time I saw them that I wanted to watch them again. Then they just kept getting better and better to me. But I really have little desire to watch Once Upon a Time in Hollywood again. It just didn't do it for me. I may try to watch it one more time when it's streamable just to catch all the Manson/Tate connections and such. But I thought it was drug out, tried to get just too cute with shot setup too often, focused way too much on feet and legs (does QT have a fetish about feet especially?? Heheh), and simply did not have the interesting plot elements that his best movies have had.

Oh well. My two cents. It doesn't diminish my admiration for the movies I mentioned above. But this movie could have been an hour shorter. Still not sure I'd have liked it that much.

I'll let you know if my opinion changes if I do get around to watching it a second time.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 09-24-2019 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Finally went to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood today. While I don't love every one of Tarantino's movies, I'm a big Tarantino fan. A few of his movies are on my all-time-favorites list.

Like many QT fans, Pulp Fiction is my favorite. I've watched it many times and will likely watch it many more. The Kill Bill movies (even though QT considers the two movies to be one) are also great. Reservoir dogs was ahead of its time and I like it a lot also, even though the violence put me off a bit the first time I saw it...it was the first time I'd seen a QT movie and didn't know what I was getting into. Heheh.

I consider myself a QT fan because those movies rank among my favorites of all time. But his other movies...Django Unchained, Inglourious Basterds, et. Al....have often left me not quite so impressed. I'm afraid I have to put One Upon a Time in Hollywood in that category.

Pulp Fiction and my other favorites were good enough the first time I saw them that I wanted to watch them again. Then they just kept getting better and better to me. But I really have little desire to watch Once Upon a Time in Hollywood again. It just didn't do it for me. I may try to watch it one more time when it's streamable just to catch all the Manson/Tate connections and such. But I thought it was drug out, tried to get just too cute with shot setup too often, focused way too much on feet and legs (does QT have a fetish about feet especially?? Heheh), and simply did not have the interesting plot elements that his best movies have had.

Oh well. My two cents. It doesn't diminish my admiration for the movies I mentioned above. But this movie could have been an hour shorter. Still not sure I'd have liked it that much.

I'll let you know if my opinion changes if I do get around to watching it a second time.
I may go see it a third time before it leaves the theaters. It is slow in spots.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:17 PM
Sage

It comes out on Blu-Ray and DVD on December 10, 2019 with 20 minutes of deleted scenes.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood DVD Release Date December 10, 2019

Closed Thread

Tags
days, interesting, hollywood, time, spoilers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.