Peter Jackson's movies.

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2020, 10:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Question Peter Jackson's movies.

Peter Jackson - Rotten Tomatoes

Just finished watching The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring once again.

Anyone have a favorite among Peter Jackson's many movies? What is it?

His documentary about British soldiers' experiences in WWI was very good-- They Shall Not Grow Old (2019) - Rotten Tomatoes.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:59 PM
Veteran member

Loved, loved, LOVED the Lord of the Rings trilogy, even the dragged-out, multiple endings in The Return of the King (none of which I would cut out). The Hobbit trilogy was nice only because it took me back to Middle Earth. Other than that, it was ridiculously dragged out. Three full movies based (mostly) on one short book versus three movies based on the six books (published in three volumes) of the original? King Kong looked great but also dragged. And all of those films were released to video in theatrical and even longer directors versions! The Lovely Bones was pretty and did not drag on but wasn't really a story that appealed to me. I haven't gone back to see his earlier films.

Now if I can just find the time, I'll do a marathon viewing of the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogies (extended versions, naturally) just so that I can say I've seen his entire Middle Earth works sequentially. Obsessive much? Guilty!
Closed Thread

Tags
peter, movies, jacksons, favorite, fellowship

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.