Rialto Theater closing on January 3, 2020?

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2020, 12:59 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Must say... What was the big deal of NOT notifying the public (and perhaps employees) earlier? It was no secret that the Rialto was to be renovated - but apparently no notice as to the actual closure date.

One would think (at least me) that it would be good public service, and business, to inform its customers ahead of time. With information such as the plans for renovation/expansion etc and the expected time to reopen.

just sayin'...
Old 01-03-2020, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Every day the list gets bigger! Note to self..... add renovation to movie theaters to the list of things Villagers want to be in charge of. It's amazing the things we think the developer knows nothing about. I wonder how they have so much success without input from all of us at every turn. Just sayin'.....
Old 01-03-2020, 02:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Every day the list gets bigger! Note to self..... add renovation to movie theaters to the list of things Villagers want to be in charge of. It's amazing the things we think the developer knows nothing about. I wonder how they have so much success without input from all of us at every turn. Just sayin'.....
And you are 'just sayin' spot on.

What do people in Dallas or Atlanta do when a theater shuts down for renovation?
Old 01-03-2020, 02:31 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
yikes! my only comment was that a notice as important as - closing for a period of time - by a BUSINESS would be in order and serve their customer base. period. and... considered this a 'developer' slam? yikes.

IMO that would be simply good business by keeping their current and future customer informed.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
yikes! my only comment was that a notice as important as - closing for a period of time - by a BUSINESS would be in order and serve their customer base. period. and... considered this a 'developer' slam? yikes.

IMO that would be simply good business by keeping their current and future customer informed.
yikes! I was not necessarily talking to you. I usually quote when doing that..... but I see you tried the shoe on and it fit.

Let's just thank God for this site so we can offer sound business advice and tell people that have made billions with a "B" what is "simply good business". Again I don't know how they do it.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see the problem as keeping their current and future customer informed(they have done that)..... but maybe the problem is dealing with so many people who are uniformed about a lot of things. Quote from you:
"What was the big deal of NOT notifying the public (and perhaps employees) earlier?" I considered this a 'developer' slam? yikes. This is all just MHO!
Old 01-03-2020, 04:39 PM
Veteran member

Winter is traditionally the slow season for putting new releases into theatres. Perhaps that is what they were thinking when choosing to renovate now, before the summer blockbusters.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:53 PM
Platinum member

We were at Rialto yesterday and I asked the ticket taker how long they would be closed. He said they were told 6-7 months for a total renovation.
The place does need it but I don't understand why they didn't do it in the slow season.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
It seems like poor planning to elect to do an upgrade just as your busiest business time begins.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:46 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

THis is good news. I was always disappointed when a movie I wanted to see was at Spanish Springs. The other two theatres are much nicer. So glad The Developer is renovating and upgrading this movie theater.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
We were at Rialto yesterday and I asked the ticket taker how long they would be closed. He said they were told 6-7 months for a total renovation.
The place does need it but I don't understand why they didn't do it in the slow season.
When ever something closes during the "slow season", there is an outcry of "they don't care about us permenant residents".
Old 01-11-2020, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts
Question Front page story January 11, 2020 in "The Villages Daily Sun" about the Rialto.

News | thevillagesdailysun.com

Today's front page of The Villages Daily Sun has an article that carries over to another page about the renovation of the Rilato.

Hopefully this will show up on their site soon.
Closed Thread

Tags
rialto, theater, january, means, changing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.