The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975).

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2022, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I went to see this at Roxbury N.J. movie theater. There was a shooting either at this theater or somewhere else in N.J. and as much as a goofball as I was from drinking I didn't get high like the majority of the others in attendance and those who waited in the parking lot to prey on those who were impaired. It was the beginning of me being very aware of the exits and such at any theater I ever went to from that day forward. I usually only go to blockbuster movies or sometimes wait for them to be released another way.

I do remember having fun seeing this movie. I was almost out of high school. Would I enjoy it now? I don't think so. Would I dress up. Not a chance.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:26 AM

I saw the original Rocky Horror film in a Rochester, NY movie theater during a high school band trip in the early 80's. I remember a huge crowd in a decadent atmosphere, rice and toast thrown everywhere while locals dressed in full costume acted-out the entire film real time in the front row. It was a fun experience for this once-young lad.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I went to see this at Roxbury N.J. movie theater. There was a shooting either at this theater or somewhere else in N.J. and as much as a goofball as I was from drinking I didn't get high like the majority of the others in attendance and those who waited in the parking lot to prey on those who were impaired. It was the beginning of me being very aware of the exits and such at any theater I ever went to from that day forward. I usually only go to blockbuster movies or sometimes wait for them to be released another way.

I do remember having fun seeing this movie. I was almost out of high school. Would I enjoy it now? I don't think so. Would I dress up. Not a chance.
Sorry to hear that Nucky.

I recall going to a Clint Eastwood movie Magnum Force - Wikipedia in Reno, Nevada in 1973 and while we were waiting for the previews there was a guy rather far from us letting out extremely loud farts. Fortunately the smell did not reach us. And he stopped when more people came into the theater.

We had been dropped off by the uncle of the boy I had gone to the show with then. And, he had bought the tickets to the R rated movie but then had not used his. So, we kind of had to stay there.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 09-23-2022 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-01-2022, 01:43 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs down

Orchestra tickets: $62pp !

What?

Skip
Old 10-01-2022, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

I see they moved this to October 5, 2022. Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Wikipedia

I see this is coming to the Sharon on September 29, 2022 along with Barry Bostwick. The Sharon | The Villages Sharon L. Morse - Performing Arts Center - Tickets and Upcoming Performances
Barry Bostwick - Wikipedia

Really takes an enthusiastic audience interacting with it to get the experience.
The Rocky Horror Picture Show cult following - Wikipedia

I saw it with a few fellow U of Denver Library Graduate Program students in 1983 or 1984 at one of the late night showings.
Closed Thread

Tags
program, fellow, horror, denver, library

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.