Some Kind of Heaven - Movie about The Villages Florida

Old 05-23-2021, 02:13 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Dear Mr. and/or Mrs. Shorzenabunch,

Please consider getting over taking this movie so personally.

Some of us are old enough to remember The Naked City.

Remember when the narrator said, in his serious, deep voice, "There are 8 million stories in the Naked City and this is one of them."

Well, guess what. There are -- (oh, I don't know. I have lost track) -- but let's just say, "There are 140,000 stories in The Villages and this is one of them -- well actually 3 of them."

TV will be OK.

Sincerely,
Boomer
Old 02-17-2022, 12:40 PM

Just watched on Amazon Prime Video. Worthless. Not representative of life at TV.
Old 02-18-2022, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,316 Times in 499 Posts

I am interested in viewing the movie, but I won't pay for it. I doubt there is any kind of propaganda, positive or negative that would cause me to move now that I am here. My wife enjoys it here and that is all that matters to me. It is my belief that there are some folks that are just plain jealous of our Villages lifestyle. The funny thing is that most folks think that you must be wealthy in order to live here. Just about anyone that owns a home can afford to live here, even though it is NOT the cheapest place in America to live.

I also enjoy viewing comedies that take place in senior living facilities. Seniors can be very, very funny and I love being part of that demographic. Some of my favorite actors that are still alive, are very old today. I was amazed at the movie I watched last night that starred Clint Eastwood. The movie was OK but the idea that he is still working in his 90's is just amazing!

I will watch the documentary that is the subject of the thread, but I will not take it seriously. Why should I? It's not like folks are going to stop purchasing or renting here. Homes are selling the same day as listed, right now.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
Just watched on Amazon Prime Video. Worthless. Not representative of life at TV.
Let's face it. People like the film maker hate to see happy people enjoying life. They think, "There must be a dark side to all of this happiness and I'm going to find it".
Just like how the 1950's are portrayed today as every husband beats his wife and rapes his daughters. God forbid people see the 50's as peak America, Which it was.
The negative reactions I get from people when I tell them I moving here. One young woman looked at me with concern saying "Your going to get VD there" another said. "They all **** in the pools down there, ya know"
Just insane.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:20 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom&JenC View Post
Let's face it. People like the film maker hate to see happy people enjoying life. Just insane.
Just like a handful of posters on this website.

We can all name them..................in fact, that would be a great thread.
Not sure how long that would last, but easy to name.

99% of the people here (& those coming), understand the negative nellies.
99% of the people here know the developer is a land DEVELOPER.
99% of the people here love it and understand the need for the developer to be profitable.

1% are sad and post over and over and over and over and over again.

SS is going to change.
Katie Belles was not profitable.
Movie theaters are not profitable.
Retailers are struggling and some are dying.

1%'ers.............some live here, some don't.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.