'Tag' movie

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2018, 03:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default 'Tag' movie

Wanted to kill a couple hours today, so went to Brownwood to see this. 6 other folks in the theater.

Bottom line for me, while watching this film I continued to think... when I'm on my deathbed months or years from now, at my last breath rather than mumble ..."rosebud"... I will utter ..."I wish I had that hour and a half+ I wasted watching that stupid movie 'Tag'....

Typical film that Millennials will attend, relate to, and laugh their A's off. I must be getting very old - the writing and dialog was horrible, the formula was typical, and I kept thinking that the actors (esp John Hamm & Jeremy Renner) were solely in it for the bucks...of course. I did not laugh, let alone chuckle, once. A couple of the folks in back of me did a few times...

The best part was the very end when they ran clips of the real 'Tag' guys that the movie was very loosely based upon. The VERY BEST part was when it actually ended.

The WORST part was the 5 movie trailers before Tag started - If I hear or see 'Superfly' one more time I WILL croak...
Old 06-28-2018, 03:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Wanted to kill a couple hours today, so went to Brownwood to see this. 6 other folks in the theater.

Bottom line for me, while watching this film I continued to think... when I'm on my deathbed months or years from now, at my last breath rather than mumble ..."rosebud"... I will utter ..."I wish I had that hour and a half+ I wasted watching that stupid movie 'Tag'....

Typical film that Millennials will attend, relate to, and laugh their A's off. I must be getting very old - the writing and dialog was horrible, the formula was typical, and I kept thinking that the actors (esp John Hamm & Jeremy Renner) were solely in it for the bucks...of course. I did not laugh, let alone chuckle, once. A couple of the folks in back of me did a few times...

The best part was the very end when they ran clips of the real 'Tag' guys that the movie was very loosely based upon. The VERY BEST part was when it actually ended.

The WORST part was the 5 movie trailers before Tag started - If I hear or see 'Superfly' one more time I WILL croak...

So, you don’t recommend seeing it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2018, 04:02 PM
Gold member

Movies of substance and interest to our generation are few and far between these days
Old 06-28-2018, 07:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Movies of substance and interest to our generation are few and far between these days
So agree with you - I really wanted to add "no redeeming value" to my post, but thought that attempt at reality and hope would be futile or at least very rare nowadays at the movies. Yes - I officially feel 'old' now.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
So agree with you - I really wanted to add "no redeeming value" to my post, but thought that attempt at reality and hope would be futile or at least very rare nowadays at the movies. Yes - I officially feel 'old' now.
Several good movies in theaters right now in the Villages. I Can Only Imagine for instance and Adrift as well as The Incredibles 2. Incredibles 2 (2018) - Rotten Tomatoes
Old 06-29-2018, 04:29 AM
Sage

I didn't like the ending but I laughed out loud at everything else. I don't know why. The last time I remember laughing out loud was at There's Something about Mary. There was only a few in the theater.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I didn't like the ending but I laughed out loud at everything else. I don't know why. The last time I remember laughing out loud was at There's Something about Mary. There was only a few in the theater.
There's Something About Mary had many hilarious part as did Meet the Parents.

The fart scene from Blazing Saddles stills cracks me up. Mel Brooks Thinks Blazing Saddles Is the Funniest Movie Ever Made | Vanity Fair

Sometimes it is whom I am with at the movies that gets me really laughing.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I saw the new Jurassic Park in 3D yesterday, theater was packed but that is expected since opening weekend took in $150 million. If you're in the mood for a summer action adventure, and I mean action, see this film. If you want a good story, it actually has a story that is much better than the previous Jurassic Park. Good against evil and the animals must suffer. I really enjoyed this film and I hadn't been to the theaters since Dunkirk, I needed some kind of film that was necessary to see in the theater, and this was it.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:01 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
There's Something About Mary had many hilarious part as did Meet the Parents.

The fart scene from Blazing Saddles stills cracks me up. Mel Brooks Thinks Blazing Saddles Is the Funniest Movie Ever Made | Vanity Fair

Sometimes it is whom I am with at the movies that gets me really laughing.
For me, the funniest of all time was 'Airplane!'. 'Vacation' was great too. The scene from 'Something About Mary' with Ben Stiller..."We got a bleeder here!!!" was...stellar.There's Something About Mary - YouTube

But IMO there's little to enjoy, let alone laugh with, (for me anyway) with the current gross/super-profane/violent and juvenile flicks. I seem to test myself now and then seeing one, but...same bad result.

Last edited by DeanFL; 06-29-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
For me, the funniest of all time was 'Airplane!'. 'Vacation' was great too. The scene from 'Something About Mary' with Ben Stiller..."We got a bleeder here!!!" was...stellar.

But IMO there's little to enjoy, let alone laugh with, (for me anyway) with the current gross/super-profane/violent and juvenile flicks. I seem to test myself now and then seeing one, but...same bad result.
They do seem to push the envelope with who can be more vulgar. Trend in movies at this time. Something opened today that might be a different kind of movie. Hearts Beat Loud (2018) - Rotten Tomatoes
Old 09-17-2018, 08:01 AM
Sage
Angry

A real turkey of a movie. There is a funny very short documentary on the 10 real guys that played tag for thirty years or so. It would have made a much better movie if they had used that with the actual people involved and told their true story.

I actually bought the Blu-Ray as I need to check the details on many movies of late and keep notes as to what is where.
Closed Thread

Tags
tag, movie, part, film, watching

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.