Ten Commandments

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Sage
Default Re: Ten Commandments

Tal - Butterfly nets aside -

The film was made in two aspect ratios: 1.85 : 1
2.20 : 1 (1989 re-release)

I don't know why they, ABC, showed it in 1.33 format (normal old 4 by 3 tv format).

Seems like it would be perfect for the new HD wide screen tv's which are 1.78:1
Old 03-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
Tal - Butterfly nets aside -

The film was made in two aspect ratios: 1.85 : 1
2.20 : 1 (1989 re-release)

I don't know why they, ABC, showed it in 1.33 format (normal old 4 by 3 tv format).

Seems like it would be perfect for the new HD wide screen tv's which are 1.78:1
That movie would be cool to see in HD TV. Still remember the take on it in Bruce Almighty when Bruce (Jim Carrey) parts the cup of tomato soup.

Incidentally, Jim Carrey was one of the celebrities I e-mailed quite a bit about my international survivors of crimes' informational access project along with-- drum roll-- Tom Cruise. Have no idea if any celebrities actually read e-mails though.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT

Being a p.k. ( preachers kid ) I must answer the question of why no John 3:16 reference. The time of the Ten Commandements was 1600 years or so before John was ever around. My father would be so proud of me right now that I remember this!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCT
Being a p.k. ( preachers kid ) I must answer the question of why no John 3:16 reference. The time of the Ten Commandements was 1600 years or so before John was ever around. My father would be so proud of me right now that I remember this!!!
What is it with the ages of some of these figures from the Old Testament? Never could figure out if these ages were figurative or literal. Moses, for instance, was 120 years old when he died?? http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/34-7.htm
Old 03-24-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
What is it with the ages of some of these figures from the Old Testament? Never could figure out if these ages were figurative or literal.
LOl Tal, yea, I know, like Methusela (can't remember spelling on that one, sorry Dad ) was like what, 950 or something years old? Wow, how would you plan on retirement income lasting that long??
Old 03-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCT
LOl Tal, yea, I know, like Methusela (can't remember spelling on that one, sorry Dad ) was like what, 950 or something years old? Wow, how would you plan on retirement income lasting that long??
You are close RCT? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methuselah
Old 03-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
Right, that's the 1956 movie by C.B. Demille. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049833/

I have used the numbers 6 1 3 and 2 2 4 in my massive international project to get practical materials into libraries for survivors of various types of crimes since 1993 and have tried to get celebrities connected with movies and TV shows involved with this movement but no one really tells me anything like if the various places I have seen these numbers 2 2 4 and 6 1 3 in movies and TV shows has anything to do with my 18 years of efforts trying to improve things for survivors of crimes through their ability to get at practical materials through different types of libraries. I even asked Interpol back in July 2004 about all these numbers showing up in movies and TV shows and they wrote back around December 7, 2004 that I was not a police agency so I could not ask them questions. Frustrating. At least, Interpol did not send men and women with butterfly nets after me too. :joke:

613 Appian Way = my old address that we sold in 899

224 Crawford St = address of our summer home starting 809
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCT
Many historians attribute the fall of Israel to this very fact. Their Social Security and Medicare costs were exorbitant. There were something like 47 retirees for each workers. FICA took 68% of your gross pay, capped at 14,000 drachma. As there were lepers everywhere one looked, there was intense pressure for socialized medicine and government control of the drug industry. The only thing the saved the people was when a descendant of Moses introduced something called soylent green, whatever that was.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 03-24-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle
Many historians attribute the fall of Israel to this very fact. Their Social Security and Medicare costs were exorbitant. There were something like 47 retirees for each workers. FICA took 68% of your gross pay, capped at 14,000 drachma. As there were lepers everywhere one looked, there was intense pressure for socialized medicine and government control of the drug industry. The only thing the saved the people was when a descendant of Moses introduced something called soylent green, whatever that was.
I wonder if they toasted those soylent green wafers over the burning bush??
Old 03-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Taltarzac

Funny you should mention soylent green around all these Villagers? A Modest Proposal could be made by someone like Jonathan Swift about what to do when the meat runs out at some restaurants? The 2007 movie version of Sweeney Todd touched on that topic as well. :joke:
Old 03-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Gold member

Christian Easter and Jewish Passover are indeed intertwined. The Last Supper was actually a celebration of the Passover Seder, the traditional dinner that Jews around the world have enjoyed for millennia to mark the start of the holiday. Why would Jesus and His Disciples, all Jews themselves, not have celebrated Passover? Think about it.

The last thing my father did in his life was watch <I>The Ten Commandments</I> on a late night movie channel. My mother in her own groggy sleep vaguely remembered his mentioning something about it and how it had moved him, as it did each time he saw it; he died in his sleep that night, having been touched by the story in the movie....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.