Ten Commandments

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Veteran member
Default Ten Commandments

The movie "Ten Commandments" comes on tonight at 7. One of the best movies ever made
(IMHO)

Watch it every year
Village of Hemmingway
Old 03-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Ten Commandments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy D
The movie "Ten Commandments" comes on tonight at 7. One of the best movies ever made
(IMHO)

Watch it every year
Thanks for the heads up. :bigthumbsup:
Old 03-22-2008, 07:50 PM
JohnnyM

Thanks Peggy, it wouldn't be Easter without it!
Old 03-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Thanks for the reminder, Peggy..I watch it every year..
:bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 03-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Platinum member

And I stayed up last night to watch the whole thing again. WOW what a great movie. Which one have I watched more Wizard of Oz or....?

F
Old 03-23-2008, 11:11 PM
JohnnyM

They could do without the :edit: commercials!
Old 03-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Sage

I was surprised that it wasn't shown in cinematic format (2.35:1 wide screen) even on the ABC HD channel. I remember it in the theater in all its glory.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:28 AM
Sage

Wasn't it in Todd-AO?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

The first time I saw it, was in the movies..

OMG, when he parted the sea, it was so impressive..

...Truly a classic.. :#1:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 03-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Taltarzac

Does this 1956 movie The Ten Commandments have a 3:16 reference in it? Probably to John 3:16. Just curious? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_3:16

Hobby of mine is looking at all kinds of movies and shows and looking for numbers that appear in these like 3 1 6 and trying to guess what they may or may not signify.

You would think that Biblical movies would have references to John 3:16? Even though I do not remember this in Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ from 2004. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335345/

I have noticed some Christian motion pictures do have 3:16 numbers in them if you pay attention to the details.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Veteran member

Tal

I don't remember it having a reference to John 3:16. It is Old Testament. I am surprised it was shown at Easter. I believe this movie is based on Passover (I might be wrong) which is April 20th.

Maybe they'll show it again!!! It is a magnificent movie. This movie mean Easter to me, like White Christmas means Christmas. Watch that every year too.

You're right Johnny, didn't need the commercials.
Village of Hemmingway
Old 03-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Veteran member

Tal, you mean the 1956 movie from C.B. Demille, right. I do not remember any references in this movie. I remember going to see the movie when it came out as a mere lad with my family and how impressive it was then.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Sage

The movie is more about the rite of passover and the freeing of the Hebrews from Egypt. Not sure why it has become an Easter tradition on television, but i watch it every year.

After i wrote the above sentences i found this:
The celebration of Passover took place just before the Crucifixion and Resurrection of Christ, and the two holidays have been entwined from the beginning—the word Pasch, originally meaning Passover, came to mean Easter as well.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy D
Tal

I don't remember it having a reference to John 3:16. It is Old Testament. I am surprised it was shown at Easter. I believe this movie is based on Passover (I might be wrong) which is April 20th.

Maybe they'll show it again!!! It is a magnificent movie. This movie mean Easter to me, like White Christmas means Christmas. Watch that every year too.

You're right Johnny, didn't need the commercials.
Thanks for the reply, Peggy D. Think there are many Christians in movies and shows who have put in references to 3:16 in some of their works or something else is going on with these. http://www.cduniverse.com/images.asp...le=Miracle+DVD
Old 03-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickY
Tal, you mean the 1956 movie from C.B. Demille, right. I do not remember any references in this movie. I remember going to see the movie when it came out as a mere lad with my family and how impressive it was then.
Right, that's the 1956 movie by C.B. Demille. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049833/

I have used the numbers 6 1 3 and 2 2 4 in my massive international project to get practical materials into libraries for survivors of various types of crimes since 1993 and have tried to get celebrities connected with movies and TV shows involved with this movement but no one really tells me anything like if the various places I have seen these numbers 2 2 4 and 6 1 3 in movies and TV shows has anything to do with my 18 years of efforts trying to improve things for survivors of crimes through their ability to get at practical materials through different types of libraries. I even asked Interpol back in July 2004 about all these numbers showing up in movies and TV shows and they wrote back around December 7, 2004 that I was not a police agency so I could not ask them questions. Frustrating. At least, Interpol did not send men and women with butterfly nets after me too. :joke:
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.