10 yr. old singing sensation, Julia Dale

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion
Default 10 yr. old singing sensation, Julia Dale

Before the 2nd game of the 2011 NBA Finals, America is introduced to 4 ft. tall, 10 year old Julia Dale who belts out the National Anthem in a way that gave me chills. Maybe one of the best performances of this song I've ever heard. I had to share a clip with my fellow TOTV'ers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_X9mWUL6oTs
Old 06-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Before the 2nd game of the 2011 NBA Finals, America is introduced to 4 ft. tall, 10 year old Julia Dale who belts out the National Anthem in a way that gave me chills. Maybe one of the best performances of this song I've ever heard. I had to share a clip with my fellow TOTV'ers.

sorry i do not know anyone including myself that watch the nba anything
Old 06-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

Amazing how attentive a crowd is when a youngster performs. It is nice to see the encouragement they give the child.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Gold member

Quote:

Thanks Rich, her performance gave me goose bumps as I'm sure it did the crowd that was at the game.
Skip 2
Old 06-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Platinum member

Yes, Julie Dale has a powerful voice, but personally I wish our National Anthem was sung as written by Francis Scott Key and performed traditionally. I'm tired of seeing (and hearing) all of the creative ways that today's performers need to apply to our National Anthem. Maybe if Christina Aguilara had just sung the Stars Spangled Banner straight, she might have rememebered the words. The uniqueness of a performer's voice is all the personalization necessary. But yes, Julie has a bright vocal future ahead of her.

George
Old 06-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
I wish our National Anthem was sung as written by Francis Scott Key and performed traditionally. I'm tired of seeing (and hearing) all of the creative ways that today's performers need to apply to our National Anthem. George
That goes for me too!
Old 06-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
Yes, Julie Dale has a powerful voice, but personally I wish our National Anthem was sung as written by Francis Scott Key and performed traditionally. I'm tired of seeing (and hearing) all of the creative ways that today's performers need to apply to our National Anthem. Maybe if Christina Aguilara had just sung the Stars Spangled Banner straight, she might have rememebered the words. The uniqueness of a performer's voice is all the personalization necessary. But yes, Julie has a bright vocal future ahead of her.

George
I didn't think I heard any vocal aerobatics in her performance. To me, it just sounded powerful, and even emotional.

How did Francis Scott Key want his song sung? Powerful and emotional seems OK to me.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Veteran member

I just love that song!

C
Old 06-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Sage

RichieLion;

Julia Dale did a great job and an amazing powerful voice for a ten year old.

Thanks for posting this.

BTW - Did you see the Memorial Day show on PBS last week? A moving tribute to the men and women who serve our country proudly.

I thought Pia Toscano did a great job but then I admit I am biased, I really like her.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
RichieLion;

Julia Dale did a great job and an amazing powerful voice for a ten year old.

Thanks for posting this.

BTW - Did you see the Memorial Day show on PBS last week? A moving tribute to the men and women who serve our country proudly.

I thought Pia Toscano did a great job but then I admit I am biased, I really like her.
I did see that very nice tribute to our veterans, and thoroughly enjoyed the show.

For those who missed American Idol contestant Pia Toscano's tribute to our veterans, here is a clip from the show. (good resolution, so click full-screen, if you like)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw48qHrbtGk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Old 06-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Sage

Thank Richie. One of these days I'll learn how to post a link showing a video.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Thank Richie. One of these days I'll learn how to post a link showing a video.
No problem 2BNTV.

To link a webpage all you have to do is go to that web page, like the You Tube page I got Pia from, and left-click on the http address at the top about 3 times until the entire address is highlighted, then right-click on the address once and you'll get a pop-up window where you left-click "copy". Then go to the TOTV post you're creating and right-click once and you get the pop-up window again and left-click "paste". That's all there is to it.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Location: Utica, New York, Plantation, Florida, The Villages, Florida

Quote:

Richie....my friend is a teacher in Julia's school in Davie, Fl....she is amazing.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.