Any Hard Rock Bands Here (Ozzy, Van Halen, AC/DC, etc)?

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2022, 08:09 AM

You'll probably have to go to one of the venues in Orlando or Tampa to see those groups. Sorry 😞
Old 10-11-2022, 08:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-flat View Post
i must be a real dinosaur

i like listening to music that was popular when i wasn't even a twinkle in my father's eyes. Gimme, sinatra, dean martin, tony bennett, sammy davis and the great american songbook. I also like jazz but it's few a far between here.
no your not. Your a loyal fan to the music of your generation that made you feel happy and was fun. Bravo
Old 10-11-2022, 08:22 AM
Default Hard rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
I see quite a few Rock Bands listed for live music at TV but the ones I've read up on all seem to be 60's and 70's with more of a Pop or mellow flavor. Just wondering if anyone knows of any bands here that play a harder version from the 70's icons? Thanks
Thought I saw that Grand Funk were here late in 2021. There are tribute bands for Queen, Journey/Foreigner coming, but not original bands. Bet there are lots of fans to enjoy hard rock.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:24 AM
Default Rock

Quote:
I see quite a few Rock Bands listed for live music at TV but the ones I've read up on all seem to be 60's and 70's with more of a Pop or mellow flavor. Just wondering if anyone knows of any bands here that play a harder version from the 70's icons? Thanks
. AC/DC cried the dwarf!
Old 10-11-2022, 08:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
I must be a real dinosaur

I like listening to music that was popular when I wasn't even a twinkle in my father's eyes. Gimme, Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Sammy Davis and The Great American Songbook. I also like jazz but it's few a far between here.
You said it we didn't.............
Old 10-11-2022, 08:49 AM

The Hooligans have changed their name to Anti-Idol. Still playing heavy metal. They are playing on the 19th at Sumter landing

Last edited by Ulrickdj; 10-11-2022 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Wrong name
Old 10-11-2022, 09:47 AM

Cannibal Corpse tours and opens for twisted sister
Old 10-11-2022, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,036 Times in 5,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrickdj View Post
The Hooligans have changed their name to Anti-Idol. Still playing heavy metal. They are playing on the 19th at Sumter landing
Wonder why? However hooligans are british invasion band so thinking you are not correct in your post
Old 10-11-2022, 11:11 AM

Just pre-covid I saw Foghat and War at the Savannah Center (not together). The place was rockin'; I loved it. Also, a great Santana cover band is Soul Sacrifice. Saw them at Orange Blossom Opry nearby. I think they were there again this month but I'm still north. I'm a member of The Villages Blues Society that brings in some fantastic bands. Great party!!
Old 10-11-2022, 11:57 AM

Uncle Bob's Rock Shop - the best ZZTop you'll hear!
Old 10-11-2022, 12:24 PM
Default Welcome to Geezerville...

Quote:
I'm with ya', dude, but you won't hear much of that here (unless you're playing Spotify loudly on your car radio) - most of the folks around here protested when WVLG played Joan Jett, much less AC/DC or Ramones. There's a lot of love for 50's/60's but the age range is gradually shifting. Maybe someday!!
Old 10-11-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorp View Post
Thought I saw that Grand Funk were here late in 2021. There are tribute bands for Queen, Journey/Foreigner coming, but not original bands. Bet there are lots of fans to enjoy hard rock.
Just to specify- I'm looking for groups who play in the town square.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Even though I like all the Bands you mentioned there Mr or Mrs OP I do think it's illegal to listen to any of them within the boundaries of The Villages. I'm almost certain everyone sign something at closing to that effect.
https://youtu.be/NgrM4_JMi9w This is as far as music can be pushed around here!!!!

The song reminds me of a great previous poster. John W. Not because he was like the Joker but because he gave me the name of this great song. Miss you John.
I didn't realize that we signed away our rights to hear heavier music. I HATE the small print. We'll have to push through a referendum so I can hear some Scorpions. Maybe we'll need to choreograph one of those box dances to "The Zoo"
Old 10-12-2022, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,419 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Just to specify- I'm looking for groups who play in the town square.
The Spazmatics are at Brownwood tonight. Expect it to be a zoo.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-12-2022, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,047 Times in 2,738 Posts

Quote:
Unfortunately, the decision makers that determine the band line-up at the town squares are not necessarily attempting to bring us the best quality music, they are trying to maximize traffic at the squares and getting as many people dancing as possible. In my opinion, the quality of the bands has gone way down over the last several years. Crap like disco and Scooter the DJ persist, while good bands are dropped from the line up. The band “He said, She said”, which hasn’t played in the squares for about 3 years, was an awesome Rock Band. The guitarist in that band, Todd Fulcher, is without a doubt the best musician I have seen at the squares. His electric guitar version of the Star Spangled Banner would have made Jimmy Hendrix envious. Todd flawlessly played songs like Europa (Santana) and LED Zeppelin’s Stairway to Heaven. The last time I saw them at LSL, they were wasting their talent playing “Play that Funky Music White Boy”. During intermission I asked Todd what the hell they were doing playing that crap. He told me the Villages instructed him to tone down their act. I responded, “so they clipped your wings”? That hit a very sour cord with Todd, he came out to do the final set and announced that nobody “clips his wings”, and proceeded to play about an hour of absolutely great hard rock. Unfortunately, that was also the last time they ever performed at the squares. What a shame!
Closed Thread

Tags
bands, rock, 70s, flavor, 60s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.