Basic Guitar Fun?

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2021, 12:29 PM
Default Basic Guitar Fun?

I didn't even know how to word the title...heheh. I dabble with the guitar. I can play chords reasonably well. Nothing fancy, but basic chords & barre chords with basic strum patterns. So I'm definitely not looking to join any formal groups or anything like that.

I would just enjoy "playing" with folks of similar skill levels, maybe trying to learn as much as actually playing songs. Anyway, I was wondering if there are any clubs or other such groups along these lines?

Thanks for any input.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,249 Times in 4,283 Posts

There are a bunch of guitar clubs. Folk, Rock, Bluegrass... Each with multiple skill levels...

Check out the clubs listing (up top, in the drop down menu, under "entertainment"). You see several meetings per week...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-24-2021, 11:13 AM

Goodrich Folk Singers. Monday evening at Lake Miona Rec. Center. Starts at 6:30 p.m.
Old folk and sailing songs. Real good for basic chord players
Old 06-27-2021, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The Acoustic Guitar Club meets Thursday mornings at 10:00 at the Paradise Rec Center. They haven’t been meeting because of Covid but will resume the first Thursday of July.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-29-2021, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
I didn't even know how to word the title...heheh. I dabble with the guitar. I can play chords reasonably well. Nothing fancy, but basic chords & barre chords with basic strum patterns. So I'm definitely not looking to join any formal groups or anything like that.

I would just enjoy "playing" with folks of similar skill levels, maybe trying to learn as much as actually playing songs. Anyway, I was wondering if there are any clubs or other such groups along these lines?

Thanks for any input.
I’m interested! Looking to work with someone learning songs. I’m an intermediate player into classic rock.
George 617-840-6920
Old 06-29-2021, 06:26 AM

I would be interested in getting together for learning and playing. Please send me a PM.

Sounds like fun

Jim
Old 06-29-2021, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Try the Thursday morning club at Paradise. They're a fun group and is very basic. There are a couple of more advanced players but for the most part, people play basic chords and simple songs.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
basic, chords, playing, guitar, groups

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.