Concert Bands in TV

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2018, 07:00 PM
Default Concert Bands in TV

I will be visiting TV in January and February. I know there is a concert band that is made up of members that live in TV year round. Are there any concert bands that play during the winter months only? Are there concert bands that allow members to play while they are in TV. I will eventually be a more full time resident.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationers View Post
I will be visiting TV in January and February. I know there is a concert band that is made up of members that live in TV year round. Are there any concert bands that play during the winter months only? Are there concert bands that allow members to play while they are in TV. I will eventually be a more full time resident.
Contacts - BOTV

Try contacting the band you are interested in joining.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:25 AM
Veteran member

I am in The Villages Hometown Band. Our concert is February 26th and you are more than welcome to sit in with us for our rehearsals especially in January and the first part of February. The week before our concert probably wouldn't be good as we would really be concentrating on the upcoming concert. We rehearse on Tuesdays from 4 to 6 at the Mulberry Rec Center. What do you play?
Old 10-24-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp509 View Post
I am in The Villages Hometown Band. Our concert is February 26th and you are more than welcome to sit in with us for our rehearsals especially in January and the first part of February. The week before our concert probably wouldn't be good as we would really be concentrating on the upcoming concert. We rehearse on Tuesdays from 4 to 6 at the Mulberry Rec Center. What do you play?
Thanks for responding. I play trumpet. I will be in the Villages for January and February this year. I play in two bands in NYS and would like to play when I am in FL. We own a home that we had hoped to live in for at least half the year when suddenly I became a caregiver for my father. My husband and I were great friends with Jack Bullock who use to direct The Villages Band. At that time only full time residents were able to be part of the band. I don't want to step on anyone's toes and sure don't want to come in and take over! I am just as happy playing 3rd as 1st or 2nd so no ego problems. Please let me know who to contact so that my arrival is not a surprise! Thanks again for responding! Becky
Old 10-24-2018, 04:16 PM
Veteran member

bandsofthevillages.com
I think all the info you need is there. If you come to the Hometown Band please introduce yourself to me. I play a black alto sax (only black one). Name is Marilyn.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:59 PM

Thanks for replying. I'll be sure to look you up! Becky
Old 10-29-2018, 09:23 PM

Becky, the Hometown Band and the New Horizons Band let visitors sit in. First year I came for 2 weeks and sat in. Next year I came for 3 months (Jan-Mar) and was considered a member. You have to arrive by a certain cutoff date for both the fall and winter concerts in order to play in the concerts. Every one is friendly and helpful. You can email the 2 directors (their email addresses are on the bandsofthevillages.com website) and ask to sit in. Welcome to TV! BTW, I play in the Hometown Band now, will play in the NHB in the winter. Also play in the Sunshine Strollers and the Flute Fanatics. You can stay quite busy! Paula

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Closed Thread

Tags
concert, bands, play, members, months

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.