Favorite American Idol Contestant

View Poll Results: Who's your favorite AI (Season 7) contestant?
Chikezie Eze 0 0%
Danny Noriega 0 0%
Jason Yeager 0 0%
David Cook 5 7.14%
David Hernandez 6 8.57%
Luke Menard 1 1.43%
Michael Johns 8 11.43%
Jason Castro 4 5.71%
Robbie Carrico 2 2.86%
Colton Berry 0 0%
David Archuleta 20 28.57%
Garrett Haley 0 0%
Kristy Lee Cook 1 1.43%
Amanda Overmyer 3 4.29%
Alexandrea Lushington 0 0%
Joanne Borgell 0 0%
Brooke White 4 5.71%
Syesha Mercado 3 4.29%
Alaina Whitaker 0 0%
Asia'h Epperson 0 0%
Amy Davis 0 0%
Kady Malloy 0 0%
Carly Smithson 9 12.86%
Ramiele Malubay 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Favorite American Idol Contestant

They were doing country songs last night of those somehow associated with the very talented Dolly Parton. Kind of hard to predict who will be in the bottom three tonight because of how much Kristy Lee Cook was in her element with the genre of the week being country-western.

Sort of see Carly Smithson, Syesha Mercado and Ramiele Malubay as the bottom 3??? > With Syesha Mercado leaving?

Syesha Mercado was my favorite among the ladies when I started the poll. I am just trying to predict the votes and not who I thought was actually better than the others last night.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:43 PM

Last night was tough.........I thought all were good. My favorite is still David Cook...........but then again, I, too, picked DAUGHTRY ........I stopped watching when he was voted off...

Phyllis, NY
Old 04-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor17
Last night was tough.........I thought all were good. My favorite is still David Cook...........but then again, I, too, picked DAUGHTRY ........I stopped watching when he was voted off...

Phyllis, NY
Have not heard that much about Taylor Hicks of late. Chris Daughtry still seems to be all over the place though. :bigthumbsup:
Old 04-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Sage

Agree with the analysis TAL.

If you haven't heard Daughtry's whole album do yourself a favor, it is excellent. He also has a one hour concert that is being shown on the MHD network. It is available on my comcast HD channels up here in MA. Well worth your time to catch it if you like rock.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
Agree with the analysis TAL.

If you haven't heard Daughtry's whole album do yourself a favor, it is excellent. He also has a one hour concert that is being shown on the MHD network. It is available on my comcast HD channels up here in MA. Well worth your time to catch it if you like rock.
I will have to check that out, Russ Boston. Last year, I was rooting for Melinda Doolittle who managed to last up through the top 3 of that Season. Does not seem like my favorite contestants on AI win all that often except think I liked Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson the most in their respective seasons.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Gold member

I am finding it really hard to predict who will leave tonight.
Dolly really seemed to like everyone but I think the top two singers were Michael John and David Cook. They both took Dolly's songs and instead of mimicking her style they put there own twist on the performance,as usual.
Kristy was good and country is her niche but I found the performance boring.
Syesha has a beautiful voice but she can't get out of the Whitney Hooston mode. Maybe it was her last performance.
Ramielle is having a hard time so it could be her last chance.
Like I said, hard to predict this one.
IMHO!!!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady
I am finding it really hard to predict who will leave tonight.
Dolly really seemed to like everyone but I think the top two singers were Michael John and David Cook. They both took Dolly's songs and instead of mimicking her style they put there own twist on the performance,as usual.
Kristy was good and country is her niche but I found the performance boring.
Syesha has a beautiful voice but she can't get out of the Whitney Hooston mode. Maybe it was her last performance.
Ramielle is having a hard time so it could be her last chance.
Like I said, hard to predict this one.
IMHO!!!!!
Agree that this one is hard to predict as to who will go tonight. Jason Castro seemed to do well enough that he will not be the bottom three tonight and the other contestants also seemed on their game.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Sage

David Cook was taken to a hosptial right after last night's show:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,344851,00.html

Old 04-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Sage

I love this show because it's always changing! I love the way David Cook sings, but for some reason I have a hard time watching him. He mentioned on one of his tapes that his skull is too big and that's all I can look at now! His big (size) head! How shallow of me??? I know, but I can't help it. Didn't think he was as good as last week's Billie Jean. Kristy Cooke (clearly not my favorite) looked great and she was in her element. Last night, I actually felt sorry for Carly, she had tears in her eyes, when Simon told her to start dressing like a star. Ladies, I think it's clear that Michael Johns is the best eye candy, but let's not forget how talented he is. Last night he was great! He can tell me "sexy lies" all night! Did I say that??? Yes, I think the winner of this one is hard to predict. p.s. love Daughtry and still miss Amanda. THEY ROCK!

The Villages Florida
Old 04-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Taltarzac

Unfortunately, the arm tattoo, her husband's facial tattoos, and her clothes last night probably put Carly in the bottom three tonight on AI.

I am kind of shallow too when it comes to the sex appeal of some of the female AI contestants. Find Brooke White, Kristy Lee Cook, and Syesha Mercado really add to my hetereosexual enjoyment of the show. Madonna sure capitalized on her sexuality with her career as have many other singers like Britney Spears, Elvis, the Rolling Stones, etc.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Sage

Tal. :bigthumbsup: Michael Johns.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Gold member

Carly is a fantastic singer, but I am afraid Simon was right , she isn't promoting her star quality. That is going to be hard with a tatoo up one whole arm. The husband is......sorry got to say what I feel.....scary looking. I just can't get past the tatoos. I actually hate the all over large tatoo's. A butterfly on your ankle...okay...a rose on a butt cheek, or just peeking out above a breast .....sexy.....but all over your face IMHO.....is a shame.

The daughter of a friend of mine has a snake spiraling up her leg from the ankle to her knee. She thought it rocked at 19, a bit embarrased at 25, now at 30 something and the mother of twins she only wears long pants.....
Old 04-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Sage

Beady I really don't like tattoos at all. I just felt sorry for her. She really looked hurt.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Taltarzac

Was really happy with the results on the vote last night on AI. America actually seemed to vote for the person or persons with the better singing abilities rather than sex appeal, charm, clothing, tattoos or the absence of them, etc.

Hope they do as well this year as they did last year with Idol Gives Back too. 024 040 wav

There does not seem to be a Soul Patrol like fan base taking over AI this season.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Gold member

Tal: you got that right, America voted responsibly, Ramielle was cute and sincere but did not have the talent to stand with the rest of the group. Now it gets interesting.

Do not recall if they mentioned who next weeks mentor is going to be. Anyone know?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.