Favorite American Idol Contestant

View Poll Results: Who's your favorite AI (Season 7) contestant?
Chikezie Eze 0 0%
Danny Noriega 0 0%
Jason Yeager 0 0%
David Cook 5 7.14%
David Hernandez 6 8.57%
Luke Menard 1 1.43%
Michael Johns 8 11.43%
Jason Castro 4 5.71%
Robbie Carrico 2 2.86%
Colton Berry 0 0%
David Archuleta 20 28.57%
Garrett Haley 0 0%
Kristy Lee Cook 1 1.43%
Amanda Overmyer 3 4.29%
Alexandrea Lushington 0 0%
Joanne Borgell 0 0%
Brooke White 4 5.71%
Syesha Mercado 3 4.29%
Alaina Whitaker 0 0%
Asia'h Epperson 0 0%
Amy Davis 0 0%
Kady Malloy 0 0%
Carly Smithson 9 12.86%
Ramiele Malubay 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Taltarzac
Default Favorite American Idol Contestant

I have allowed for 24 maximum votes per person.

And I clicked on the button for allowing the taker to change his or her vote. Not sure if that works though??

Know that as of now most of these contestants are unknown as far as talent is concerned as they usually focus on the bad singers the six weeks or so of AI. A couple of them have received quite a lot of airtime like the Irish singer Carly Smithson and the 16 or so year old David Archuleta and the nurse Amanda Overmyer.

Two seem to be from the Orlando or vicinity area-- Robbie Carrico and Ramiele Malubay. :bigthumbsup:
Old 02-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Favorite American Idol Contestant

See that someone voted for Kristy Lee Cook? Remember her as being very impressive in the auditions from various towns weeks of American Idol 7, but was not sure of her name. She was not given much air time if any during the Hollywood week of American Idol.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Taltarzac

Anyone have an opinion on which 4 American Idol contestants will leave tonight??

I am guessing maybeAmy Davis andKady Malloy from the women andChikezie Eze and
Danny Noriega from the men? Who knows though when Simon Cowell bad mouthes a contestant it often brings that person more votes rather than less.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Taltarzac

Bump.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Sage

Coming from a female perspective, it doesn't get any better than Michael Johns. I really believe whether he wins Idol or not, he's a natural born superstar. :-*
Old 02-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
Coming from a female perspective, it doesn't get any better than Michael Johns. I really believe whether he wins Idol or not, he's a natural born superstar. :-*
Old 02-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Taltarzac

He seems to have that star quality as you wrote.
Coming from a straight male perspective think that Syesha Mercado also has this. Think many gays would like Michael Johns as well.

Anyone familiar with the web-site Vote for the Worst. http://votefortheworst.com/ What do you think of it? They try to get voters to call for whomever they designate as the worst singers each week.

Still cannot understand how some past winners of American Idol won and how others lost?? Some seem to get ardent fans who just keep hitting the phone lines as much as they can.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Sage

I think that "votefortheworst" website is awful. That's what kept Sanjya going for so long. I love American Idol. My brother-in-law (recently deceased) introduced me to it. He said it's a great family show. He, his wife and kids would all gather around to watch it. They would pick their favorites, bicker over each contestant, but the great thing is that the show brought the entire family together for 2 or 3 nights a week. I don't know why the people that started the votefortheworst website set out to kind of ruin American Idol. Because it really does have an effect on it. Anyway, I just love the show and now, since my brother-in-law has passed away, when I watch it I always think of him. What I especially like is that even when someone doesn't win, they can go on to become superstars i.e. Jennifer Hudson winning the Oscar and Chris Daughtry with his smash CD. It gives young talented people a showcase and chance they would never have had before.
I love it! (And I love Michael Johns! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Old 02-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
I think that "votefortheworst" website is awful. That's what kept Sanjya going for so long. I love American Idol. My brother-in-law (recently deceased) introduced me to it. He said it's a great family show. He, his wife and kids would all gather around to watch it. They would pick their favorites, bicker over each contestant, but the great thing is that the show brought the entire family together for 2 or 3 nights a week. I don't know why the people that started the votefortheworst website set out to kind of ruin American Idol. Because it really does have an effect on it. Anyway, I just love the show and now, since my brother-in-law has passed away, when I watch it I always think of him. What I especially like is that even when someone doesn't win, they can go on to become superstars i.e. Jennifer Hudson winning the Oscar and Chris Daughtry with his smash CD. It gives young talented people a showcase and chance they would never have had before.
I love it! (And I love Michael Johns! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Sorry about your brother-in-law.

Do agree that votefortheworst has an impact on American Idol especially with Sanjaya Malakar as you wrote. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanjaya_Malakar
Old 02-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Taltarzac

Who do you think will go tonight on American Idol? My guesses are Luke Menard and Jason Castro from the men and Amanda Overmyer and Alexandrea Lushington from the women. I only got 1 out of 4 right last week though. Batting 250 only. :dontknow:

My AI picks last week for yanks who survived did a lot better this week. :bigthumbsup:
Old 02-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Taltarzac

Still batting .250 with my picks for who will survive the Thursday night cuts. These may get a lot easier though as we get to know more about the various contestants and where their strengths and weaknesses lie. In addition, the voting blocs effects should be easier to see as American Idol progresses from week to week.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:51 AM
Sage

I wasn't surprised at this weeks cuts except for Alexandria Lushington. OMG didn't little David Archuleta do a wonderful rendition of Imagine!
Old 03-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
I wasn't surprised at this weeks cuts except for Alexandria Lushington. OMG didn't little David Archuleta do a wonderful rendition of Imagine!
Yes. Think we already have the winner of this season's AI unless David Archuleta chokes at some point further on in the competition.

I was very surprised though with the young lady of 16 or 17 Alaina Whitaker (?) going she seemed to do quite well in her performances.

I am kind of tone deaf though.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Gold member

I agree with both of you. I think that this year's winner is found. David will have to throw this one away not to win.
I think the season is still worth watching though...there is some very good talent.
The Villages Florida
Old 03-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Taltarzac

I like American Idol even if the first month or so is more about getting ratings from bad singers rather than discovering new talent in the US. Seems more like the Gong Show up through Hollywood week.

They probably miss a lot of really good singers though that do not have some kind of gimmick during those traveling auditions.

Simon Cowell and company have really created a new very influential movement in US music with AI. Think it is for the best too. :bigthumbsup:

This season does seem to have some of the best talent so far.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.