Favorite American Idol Contestant

View Poll Results: Who's your favorite AI (Season 7) contestant?
Chikezie Eze 0 0%
Danny Noriega 0 0%
Jason Yeager 0 0%
David Cook 5 7.14%
David Hernandez 6 8.57%
Luke Menard 1 1.43%
Michael Johns 8 11.43%
Jason Castro 4 5.71%
Robbie Carrico 2 2.86%
Colton Berry 0 0%
David Archuleta 20 28.57%
Garrett Haley 0 0%
Kristy Lee Cook 1 1.43%
Amanda Overmyer 3 4.29%
Alexandrea Lushington 0 0%
Joanne Borgell 0 0%
Brooke White 4 5.71%
Syesha Mercado 3 4.29%
Alaina Whitaker 0 0%
Asia'h Epperson 0 0%
Amy Davis 0 0%
Kady Malloy 0 0%
Carly Smithson 9 12.86%
Ramiele Malubay 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Favorite American Idol Contestant

Back to American Idol, you think that Kristy Lee Cook will be the next to go no matter how well she sings this coming week? Her competition is something fierce by this time.

Noted that Chikezie Eze's birthday is September 11. Tough bithday to have for an American. > I have had some trouble with mine just because of one particularly nasty murder of the daughter of my then Earl Wooster High School remedial English teacher on my birthday of February 24 in 1976 in Reno, Nevada. Cannot imagine what this would be like for someone with a birthday of 9-11 on which about 3000 people were brutally murdered by the use of airplanes as manned missiles.

Had noticed that Chikezie Eze's id number during one of the auditions (?) was # 613. Took interest in that. Of course, some really delusional worst of the week kind of auditioners also had similar #s to these over the past few seasons of the first few weeks of AI.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:20 AM

What'd ya'll think about last nites AI??

Hate to admit it, but I thought Kristy Lee Cook was one of the better ones.
And David A. He (as usual) did a great job.
Didn't know or like David Cook's song at all, tho I guess he sang it OK. ???
Didn't think Brooke did that great, I agreed with Simon, pleasant at best.
Liked Carly's song, and Syesha's.

An ok show for me, nothing really grabbed me tho.
Maybe my expectations were too high.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintjulep
What'd ya'll think about last nites AI??

Hate to admit it, but I thought Kristy Lee Cook was one of the better ones.
And David A. He (as usual) did a great job.
Didn't know or like David Cook's song at all, tho I guess he sang it OK. ???
Didn't think Brooke did that great, I agreed with Simon, pleasant at best.
Liked Carly's song, and Syesha's.

An ok show for me, nothing really grabbed me tho.
Maybe my expectations were too high.
Kristy Lee Cook was quite good last night. In the top 3 last night IMHO. Liked David Archuleta and Jason Castro more last night but top 3 is really good for KL Cook. :bigthumbsup:

Bottom three I expect will be Brooke White, Syesha Mercado, and Carly Smithson. Of course, I was off last week and only got one of the bottom 3 right. Hopefully, the voters will keep Kristy Lee Cook out of the bottom three this week.

Brooke White I see as the one leaving tomorrow night.

I heard that modern version of Over the Rainbow sung by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
in some recent movie -- 50 First Dates

Jason Castro sung this Over the Rainbow version last night on AI.

Hope they go way over the $76 million they got in last year's "Idol Gives Back".
Old 04-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Taltarzac

See that the original singer of the modern version of Over the Rainbow Israel Kamakawiwo'ole died at 38 in 1997. That's too bad. Bet he would have liked to have seen an American Idol contestant do his version to that many people who watch AI.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Sage

50 First dates was set in HI so i assume he was Hawaiian. I liked the movie and that version of the song. 95% chance that Brooke is gone!
Old 04-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Sage

Well I hate to admit it too, but Kristy did a good job. I like Brooke, but I thought she was boring. Her sad expressions are beginning to get on my nerves. Thought David Cook wasn't good at all! But, little David came through as usual. And I still love watching Michael Johns :-* I thought the best of the evening was Jason Castro. He's really got a very good voice when he puts his mind to it! LOL He's so layed back. Very sweet though. I agree that Carly's performance did sound angry. And I wouldn't mind if they lost Syesha. My opinion would be bottom three: Syesha, Brooke, and Carly. Do we get to know tonight or Thurs.? :dontknow:
Old 04-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Gold member

I was unimppressed with them all. I guess I agree with Simon, now they have to step up and really perform.If I had to choose the best last night it would be David A,Kristy, and Jason, but they were not exceptionally good.
I think Simon was right about David C, a bit to cocky to pick that song(which is rather obscure)
I am at a loss about who will leave on Thurs. night.
Carly was rattled and not very good, Brooke.... almost beyond nervous. The karma was off for all of them.
I do not usually agree with Simon so much, but he was right on last night. Paula is just to nice and fails to give any real advise or criticism. Randy falls somewhere in between.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
Well I hate to admit it too, but Kristy did a good job. I like Brooke, but I thought she was boring. Her sad expressions are beginning to get on my nerves. Thought David Cook wasn't good at all! But, little David came through as usual. And I still love watching Michael Johns :-* I thought the best of the evening was Jason Castro. He's really got a very good voice when he puts his mind to it! LOL He's so layed back. Very sweet though. I agree that Carly's performance did sound angry. And I wouldn't mind if they lost Syesha. My opinion would be bottom three: Syesha, Brooke, and Carly. Do we get to know tonight or Thurs.? :dontknow:
Think it is tomorrow night for the AI results show. I seem to recall that the contestants will be manning the phones tonight for the "Idol Gives Back" show.

Right now I think the only music I would buy of these singers would be that of David Archuleta and Carly Smithson. Think Smithson will be the break-out artist of the bunch???
Old 04-09-2008, 11:48 PM

Chels,
Yep, Brooke is starting to bug me too with that sad look, and was boring.

Beady, I'm with you on agreeing with Simon all night.
I hate that David Cook sucked, he's capable of so much more.
Terrible song choice!

And Tal, I wouldn't buy nuthin' from last nights show!! ::

No one impressed me either. A ho-hum night.

Hope Brooke goes...
Will find out Thursday nite...
Old 04-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Sage

Whoa...they kicked off Michael JOhns????? That's just wrong.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Taltarzac

Big surprise on the AI results show tonight. Michael Johns off. Did not see that one coming and it did not look like he did nor any of the other AI contestants.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:04 AM
Sage

The Villages Florida I can't believe Michael Johns is gone! And that dopey Syesha, Brooke, yeeeksss! Well, my vote will go to little David A. Still can't stand looking at David Cooke! Wow, this show bottomed out for me. :verymad: And Kristy Lee Cooke is STILL around. Michael . . .The Villages FloridaMichael . . . come back . . .
Old 04-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Sage

Michael Johns is gone? :dontknow: My favourite eye candy was voted off? I just cannot believe that America voted him off. Their phone system must have been broken. Glad I was Freezing and missed it.

Think I'll boycott American Idol. Thank heavens Gray's Anatomy is due back soon.

Michael, we miss you!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Taltarzac

Really thought the lady contingent would have kept Michael Johns on for at least a few more weeks.

Jason Castro and Kristy Lee Cook this week doing so well kind of threw me for a loop with my predictions.

Kind of hard to predict who will be in the top three at the end of the line of this season's AI.

David Archuleta more than likely will be in it but the other two have no good idea. Guessing Jason Castro and David Cook, but who knows??
Old 04-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Sage

I think that if you listened with your ears only then the result would not be that surprising.

Eye candy for the ladies? Yes.
Ear candy for the rest of us? No.

I'm not saying that he is worse then Brooke or Kristy but basically he has no range. He sang Queen songs well and that was about it. Completely butchered the song this week. I'm not positive that any of the contestants this year will have a great career. Maybe David C or Carly S. The others are too one note for me including David A. who has a great voice but do we really need another Michael Buble in this world?

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.