Felix Cavaliere

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Platinum member
Default Felix Cavaliere

Felix Cavaliere of The Rascals performed last night at The Savannah Center. I saw him way back in 1966 at Madison Square Garden. He was terrific and hasn't lost anything through the years. Felix had nice things to say about The Villages.
Of course, because his Rascal sidekick Eddie Brigatti is no longer his band mate and Eddie sang many of the Rascal hits, Felix's song list was limited although he did a great job of singing "How Can I Be Sure," a song which Eddie did the main vocals when it was recorded.

Felix did "Good Lovin" twice and opened with "I've Been Lonely Too Long,"
and sang the inspirational "People Got To Be Free" with Marvin Gay's, "What's Going On" added into the songs message.

A shame the Savannah Center had so many empty seats. A shame so many people missed out on a terrific performance.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:32 AM

Sorry we missed it! We would have filled a few of those seats! Maybe next time! Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Sage

Tom,
We would have enjoyed it too if we were in town. Hubby was once in band that played The Rascals songs. Thanks for the review.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Platinum member

I think the subject of my post should have been The Young Rascals rather than Felix Cavaliere. Not sure how many people know of him as the lead singer/ keyboard player of The Young Rascals...later Rascals. Felix wasn't a household name like Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney or John Lennon.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
I think the subject of my post should have been The Young Rascals rather than Felix Cavaliere. Not sure how many people know of him as the lead singer/ keyboard player of The Young Rascals...later Rascals. Felix wasn't a household name like Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney or John Lennon.
How true.

Where are the upcoming performances listed; Daily Sun, Villages website, other? Sounds like we should appoint Tom in charge of group ticket purchases, he-he.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
How true.

Where are the upcoming performances listed; Daily Sun, Villages website, other? Sounds like we should appoint Tom in charge of group ticket purchases, he-he.
Felix played for just one evening. Yesterday. Two shows.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Veteran member
Talking

Quote:
Tom, I was in record distribution for 30 years and Felix Cavalier was synnomus with "Young Rascals" I think more people know who he is than you realize especially New Yorkers or East Coasters.
Wanabee future TVer
Old 05-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Default Going Way back.

I remember seeing them for the first time at The Cottage in Westhampton. The Lovin' Spoonful used to play there too polishing their act.

George
Old 05-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman View Post
Tom, I was in record distribution for 30 years and Felix Cavalier was synnomus with "Young Rascals" I think more people know who he is than you realize especially New Yorkers or East Coasters.
I thought the same thing, but when I told a few people back home I was seeing Felix their reaction was "WHO?" Yes, the music buffs know who Felix is, but many don't.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Veteran member
Default Savannah Center

Just curious what the price range of tickets were. Also, Are there many shows going on? Knowing my wife, we wouldn't ever miss any show...
Old 05-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljetmet View Post
Just curious what the price range of tickets were. Also, Are there many shows going on? Knowing my wife, we wouldn't ever miss any show...
Felix was $30. We were in the 4th row, center. Well worth it
Old 05-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Felix was $30. We were in the 4th row, center. Well worth it
Old 05-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
How true.

The post was in The Daily Sun. (the Happy Paper)

If you didn't know who Felix Cavaliere is, the ad for the concert could have been misleading. One not know better might think this guy Felix was an an imitation group who did Rascal songs. Because of the low turnout, I'd be surprised if he ever returned for an concert.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:47 PM

The show was produced by The Villages Entertainment Dept. and they should be congratulated for stepping out and bringing Felix to The Villages. The guys behind him were great but it's too bad Eddie, Dino, and Gene weren't along also. I guess few of the old bands exist in their original form.

I thought the "crowd" at the 6 PM show really got into it, though.

Most of the shows that attract the bigger audiencess are produced by Gerry "Rocky" Seader. The Villages loves Rocky & The Rollers (rightly so) and they along with the "old-timers" bring out the crowds.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Tom, Mr. K9 and I were there for the 8:30pm show. The muscians accompanying Felix with very good and we really enjoyed the concert. It was very embarassing to us to see a number of people leave during the show! My thinking is that they were expecting more songs from The Young Rascals instead of the trip down memory lane with various songs by a number of different artists.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.