Uncle Bobs Rock Shop

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Default Uncle Bobs Rock Shop

By far the best cover band ive heard in a long time. Katie Bells is the place to be tonight.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper View Post
By far the best cover band ive heard in a long time. Katie Bells is the place to be tonight.
But, don't like Katie's.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
But, don't like Katie's.
Why not?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Default Funny Uncle Bob story

My wife and I have seen Uncle Bob's Rock Shop twice at LSL and loved it both times. We had some friends in last weekend, so we took them to Katie Belle's on Friday night to see Uncle Bob. My wife and friends went in before me, as I was finishing a cigarette (let's not get off topic on smoking please) and as I was standing out front, an older gentlemen (late 70s???) came out the door with 2 women and he had a very sour look on his face.

He went up to the doorman and said "What the hell kind of music is that in there? It'll drive you nuts!"

I don't know what set Uncle Bob and the boys were playing at the time, but clearly part of the older generation did not appreciate it! Us kids in our mid-50s however had a blast all night!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
...Us kids in our mid-50s however had a blast all night!
I'm 62 and I really enjoy them, seen Uncle Bob Rock Shop three times at LSL, but then again I had over 4,000 record albums before moving to TV. This past Thursday Uncle Bob started off at LSL with a 10 minute Beatles set. They usually play groups like the Doobie Bros, Eagles, just your rock hits of the 60's and 70's and even some Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix thrown in.

Musically they are very good band, two good guitarist and a third guitarist who also plays the synch on his guitar. Vocally they may lack on some songs in which case I would put the band Yesterdaze slightly ahead of them as my favorite here because they have excellent vocals. You can't go wrong with either band when they come to the square. Cactus Jack and the Cadillacs is my third favorite, who are probably a heavier version of Rocky and the Rollers.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I'm 62 and I really enjoy them, seen Uncle Bob Rock Shop three times at LSL, but then again I had over 4,000 record albums before moving to TV. This past Thursday Uncle Bob started off at LSL with a 10 minute Beatles set. They usually play groups like the Doobie Bros, Eagles, just your rock hits of the 60's and 70's and even some Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix thrown in.

Musically they are very good band, two good guitarist and a third guitarist who also plays the synch on his guitar. Vocally they may lack on some songs in which case I would put the band Yesterdaze slightly ahead of them as my favorite here because they have excellent vocals. You can't go wrong with either band when they come to the square. Cactus Jack and the Cadillacs is my third favorite, who are probably a heavier version of Rocky and the Rollers.
Yesterdayze is BY FAR my favorite band in TV. I like Uncle Bobs alot, but my wife thinks they play, or are set up, too loudly (may have been the older gentlemans problem). Cactus Jacks is also very good, and all are better than Rocky and the Rollers in my opinion.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
But, don't like Katie's.
Why is that?
In reality, they're different!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:23 AM
Sage

Two of the guys...brothers....are in the worship band for the contemporary service at North Lake Presbyterian Church. There had been an article about this maybe a month or two ago!! We like Uncle Bob's as well!!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJohn View Post
Why is that?

Wife and I got pushed into the place by a ................,what adjective to use???? pushy, arrogant woman, and here it comes......New Yorker.

Wanted to hear Uncle Bob, tried to get a drink.....nobody waiting on me.

Left very disappointed and vowing never to go back.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Veteran member

We like Uncle Bobs when they play outside. Been to Katie Belles twice to see them and they are too loud inside for us, They have a very good selection of music, more 60's and 70's that works for us in the 55-65 group.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Default Agree

I also absolutely love uncle bobs rock shop (I never thought I would hear Judas Priest on the square, lol) but it doesn't work in Katie belles, about blew my ears off, acoustics in there are bad. FYI am very very happy to hear MY generations music finally at the square (I'm mid 50's). Just happy theres something for everyone out there.

Life's Too Short!! Go for it!!
STEPHANIE
Old 08-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSpasm View Post
My wife and I have seen Uncle Bob's Rock Shop twice at LSL and loved it both times. We had some friends in last weekend, so we took them to Katie Belle's on Friday night to see Uncle Bob. My wife and friends went in before me, as I was finishing a cigarette (let's not get off topic on smoking please) and as I was standing out front, an older gentlemen (late 70s???) came out the door with 2 women and he had a very sour look on his face.

He went up to the doorman and said "What the hell kind of music is that in there? It'll drive you nuts!"

I don't know what set Uncle Bob and the boys were playing at the time, but clearly part of the older generation did not appreciate it! Us kids in our mid-50s however had a blast all night!
At least he came out with 2 women. Sounds like a party! Good for him even if the music was not his taste.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Veteran member

Uncle bob's is my favorite followed by yesterdaze and musicology. Rocky and the rollers play way to many slow songs, last week 10 in one set. Also play same songs in order, sounds like a cd sometimes.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Sage

I like Yesterdayz a lot also. Haven't seen them in a while. Any idea what happened to them?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Gold member

[QUOTE=eremite06;490475]Wife and I got pushed into the place by a ................,what adjective to use???? pushy, arrogant woman, and here it comes......New Yorker.

Wanted to hear Uncle Bob, tried to get a drink.....nobody waiting on me.

Left very disappointed and vowing never to go back.[/

WOW!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.