Grateful Dead/Allman Brothers/Jambands

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2020, 09:48 AM

Checkout 501 Band..,blues and classic rock with a small bit of oldies. Great musicians
Old 02-10-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,465 Times in 3,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorskiCroat View Post
One night at Sumter Landing, I watched in amazement as line dancers hoofed it to "Cross-Eyed Mary." I even took a video to send to friends up north. Uncle Bob's Rock Shop has a nice set of Tull, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd that is unmatched by any other local band.
There needs to be new laws against line dancing to that kind of stuff. I mean c'mon. Or at the very least - it should be open season on shaming line dancers when they do the Electric Slide to Led Zepp or Jethro Tull (or any of the other musical creations that never EVER included line dancing in their creation, and never would).
Old 02-10-2020, 10:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There needs to be new laws against line dancing to that kind of stuff. I mean c'mon. Or at the very least - it should be open season on shaming line dancers when they do the Electric Slide to Led Zepp or Jethro Tull (or any of the other musical creations that never EVER included line dancing in their creation, and never would).
Or, one could just wear them out by starting a set with:
Kryptonite....Three Doors Down....198bpm
Hey Mama....Black Eyed Peas....200bpm
Paradise City...GNR....200bpm
Radar Love...Golden Earring...202bpm
Cuts Like a Knife....Bryan Adams....200bpm
Ice Cream Man...Van Halen....199bpm
Rock and Roll Hootchie Coo...Rick Derringer...199bpm

These are all in my one hour long cardio playlist and guaranteed to make you rethink fitness.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
Well it's good to see I'm not alone. We'll be "shipping up to Boston" at the end of March but we just bought a place down here so I guess I'll have a little project to get into when we get back and get all set up with the house.

Perhaps if we can show them there is enough interest, the powers that be might be willing to give us a night once a month to see how it goes.

Keep throwing out any local bands that you think might be a fit (and feel free to link any youtube/audio, I'm always interested in hearing something new)

Might I suggest checking this out on youtube

Ryan Montbleau Band: Pacing Like Prince - Gathering of the Vibes

(Killer xylophone solo)
i've been to the gathering of the vibes in Ct., very good times
Old 02-10-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i've been to the gathering of the vibes in Ct., very good times
Nice, I volunteered for about 15 of them over the years, going back to the Red Hook and the ILCC days before they moved it back to Conn. Lots of kind people and good times. I still golf with one of the guys I met there.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Or, one could just wear them out by starting a set with:
Kryptonite....Three Doors Down....198bpm
Hey Mama....Black Eyed Peas....200bpm
Paradise City...GNR....200bpm
Radar Love...Golden Earring...202bpm
Cuts Like a Knife....Bryan Adams....200bpm
Ice Cream Man...Van Halen....199bpm
Rock and Roll Hootchie Coo...Rick Derringer...199bpm

These are all in my one hour long cardio playlist and guaranteed to make you rethink fitness.
We should add a little new wave and punk to the mix for extra heart-rate credit:

One More time - Joe Jackson (254 bpm)
Got the time - Joe Jackson (says 124bpm but they're counting it wrong - it's cut time so 248bpm)
Rock Lobster - B-52s (also says 100-something but again, it's cut-time so double beats - well over 200)
Private Idaho - B-52s (somewhat slower, in the upper 100s)

And here's one that's just insane, good luck to those line dancers if they manage to get through it without killing each other:

Hocus Pocus - Focus (don't even bother trying to count)

(this is the above: don't listen to it if you have a pace maker or haven't taken your BP medicine yet today):

Focus - Hocus Pocus - YouTube

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 02-10-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
We should add a little new wave and punk to the mix for extra heart-rate credit:

One More time - Joe Jackson (254 bpm)
Got the time - Joe Jackson (says 124bpm but they're counting it wrong - it's cut time so 248bpm)
Rock Lobster - B-52s (also says 100-something but again, it's cut-time so double beats - well over 200)
Private Idaho - B-52s (somewhat slower, in the upper 100s)
The line dancers do dance to new wave when it's the Spazmatics. The singer of the Hooligans and also the singer of the Orlando Spazmatics. It's a national franchise with Spazmatics in LA, Chicago, Las Vegas, Texas and Orlando. These guys have been coming here since last summer and their crowds are as big as for the Hooligans. It's all 80's mostly new wave. Same great singer. They'll be at LSL this Friday, they want you to go the photo booth and pick up some glow items

The Villages Florida
Old 02-10-2020, 03:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The line dancers do dance to new wave when it's the Spazmatics. The singer of the Hooligans and also the singer of the Orlando Spazmatics. It's a national franchise with Spazmatics in LA, Chicago, Las Vegas, Texas and Orlando. These guys have been coming here since last summer and their crowds are as big as for the Hooligans. It's all 80's mostly new wave. Same great singer. They'll be at LSL this Friday, they want you to go the photo booth and pick up some glow items
Heh I already have some glow sticks and necklaces. Used to work at Party City and they were having a clearance sale. The clearance price plus my discount meant I got like 40 of the things for around $2. Gave most away, kept the rest "just in case." Seems I have use for them afterall!

Also - it's Saturday at Spanish Springs! Saturday is the cruise night and the Hooligans. I didn't know about LSL since I live in the historic district

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 02-10-2020 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Cause I forget most of you live near Sumter, not Spanish Springs
Old 02-10-2020, 09:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorskiCroat View Post
One night at Sumter Landing, I watched in amazement as line dancers hoofed it to "Cross-Eyed Mary."
Tell me you're joking. And if not, how long will we have to wait til they line dance to In A Gadda Da Vida?
Old 02-10-2020, 10:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Tell me you're joking. And if not, how long will we have to wait til they line dance to In A Gadda Da Vida?
They don't stop dancing when the bands go on break and there is piped in background music playing. They will dance to anything. A while back my wife and I were dancing at LSL and an older gentleman told us we had to go dance elsewhere because we were in the line dancing area? REALLY, they have reserved dancing space? They are out of control. I think the older gentleman that told us we had to move was part of the entourage of the leader of the obnoxious line dancers, the tall woman holding a water bottle while whipping around her pony tail.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:14 AM

What I wouldn't give for an Eyes of the World or an In Memory of Elizabeth Reed.

But I'd settle for something like this and could see the gang line dancing to it with no problem

Funkadelic - (Not Just) Knee Deep

Funkadelic - (Not Just) Knee Deep - YouTube
Old 04-20-2020, 04:21 PM

Ok we never made it back to Boston because of this damn virus. Hope everyone is well.

My buddy has been doing a Facebook show nightly from 7:00 - 8:00 for the last month search for Charley Carrozo.

Here's a link to a live show by him and his latest band, Way Up South (they've got a few CDs out)

Way Up South ~ Slip Into Summer 2017~06~03 - YouTube

Obviously he's doing it alone on his nightly show, he's done everything from Ozzie to Taylor Swift to Prince. Pretty good way to kill an hour after dinner.

I highly recommend his Friday shows as he does a Rock Yacht thing.

Hope you enjoy
Old 04-21-2020, 01:42 PM

Last nights setlist, all shows are up on his FB page

Live at The Goose Cab #33
Songs...Locomotive Breath, Man in the Long Black Coat, In The Air Tonight, Bridge to Forever, We Could Be Always (first time played), You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere, All Along The Watchtower, Viola Lee Blues, One Rainy Wish, And It Stones Me, Bonghits, What I Got, One Love, Just One Night, Come Together, Like a Hurricane, Perfect For Me, No One To Run With, Imagine, Cover of the Rolling Stone
Old 04-23-2020, 07:53 AM

Another solid set last night

Live at The Goose Cab #35
Songs...You Don’t Know How It Feels, Nothing Compares to You, She’s So Unbelievable, Wild West End, Comes a Time, Run For The Roses, Sweet Home Alabama, Further On, Atlantic City, Country Time, Ramblin’ Man, Don’t Think Twice, Ramblin’ Man, Almost Cut My Hair, The Boxer, Landslide, Miss Ohio, Amy, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Old 04-23-2020, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
Another solid set last night
Check out Wilder Woods.

Wilder Woods - Crazy (Gnarls Barkley Cover) live @ The Basement East in Nashville, TN - YouTube

Wilder Woods - Light Shine In + Feel (live @ The Basement East in Nashville, TN) - YouTube
Closed Thread

Tags
grateful, wrong, and/or, point, direction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.