Great Band

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2018, 08:29 AM
Sage
Default Great Band

I saw Johnny Wild and The Delights at Lake Sumter Landing last night. Excellent band - Beatles, Beach Boys, some girl group music, Chuck Berry, etc. Lots of people up and dancing . . .to me that is the sign of a good band.

Check them out if you are looking for a great band at the squares. I checked out their calendar, and they also play at Katie Belles.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,009 Times in 451 Posts

Yes... I enjoy them also.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:22 PM
Sage

there was also a very good band at City Fire last night....The Core, with a gal singer and four other vocalists and musicians....a constant stream of great songs, good mix of genres....i got some exercise all by myself out there on the dance floor
Old 08-31-2018, 06:47 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
there was also a very good band at City Fire last night....The Core, with a gal singer and four other vocalists and musicians....a constant stream of great songs, good mix of genres....i got some exercise all by myself out there on the dance floor
Yes, The Core is an excellent band. We were there as well.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:01 PM
Veteran member

Great band tonite at City Fire. Flashback, unfortunately without lead diva singer Dawn Dinome. Stage too small for an 8 piece band.

Leaving now to see.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:29 PM

I caught The Core at Margarita Republic two weeks ago. I was blown away by their versatility and energy. And the singer is nice on the eyes. :-) The guitarist told me they'd be back at City Fire Sumter and Brownwod in late September as well as MR.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I saw Johnny Wild and The Delights at Lake Sumter Landing last night. Excellent band - Beatles, Beach Boys, some girl group music, Chuck Berry, etc. Lots of people up and dancing . . .to me that is the sign of a good band.

Check them out if you are looking for a great band at the squares. I checked out their calendar, and they also play at Katie Belles.
Johnny Wild and the Delights have been performing here about two years now. The first six months they were Johnny Dee and the Starlights, but copyright laws made them change their name but not their act. They perform at each square once a month and Katie Bells and have had several tribute shows at Savannah Center. I was at their second show here ever, it was in July I guess 2016 at SS and they wore those suits and ties the whole time and the temps were in the 90's. I think they dress a little cooler now.

Johnny Wild is probably close to overtaking Rocky & Rollers in drawing power. I was at a Johnny Wild Brownwood show this past February and every chair and all the bleacher seats were filled by 4:30, the entire place was ringed with people, it was the largest crowd there I've ever seen except for a 2013 Florida Lottery show with the original Flamingos, I think they had 6,000 that night and City Fire and Five Guys were the only restaurants open at that time.
Closed Thread

Tags
band, great, check, good, sign

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.