Honest question from an uninformed old person.

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2018, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
In ANY case? Are you sure?

Let's take a scenario. You are a deputy sheriff assigned to work in a rural area. You receive a radio dispatch to go to the Zion AME (Black) Church which has just been firebombed during services.

When you arrive you observe that the county fire department has brought the fire under control. There is a crowd around the church, composed mainly of well dressed Black people who were probably attending services. (Oops. Profiling.) There are two or three clusters of three to six White people also observing the fire. They were probably attracted by the smoke from the fire. (Oops. Profiling.)

Among the White people is a small group of three White men dressed in white tee shirts and blue jeans, all of whom have shaved heads. Since the fire is nearly put out, the crowd is breaking up and people are starting to wander away. You have only moments to stop, identify, and question people about the firebombing.

Who do you single out for immediate interview?

If you decided on the three possible "skinheads" then you are a profiler. (Gasp.)

If you failed to start with them, find some other line of work. You will never make it as a police officer.
Not sure if your comments in post 72 were aimed at me, but I was not replying to you, nor questioning you, nor disagreeing with you. My reply was to another poster and not you.

Yes, I am sure in my heart and soul that if you judge someone based on skin color, religion etc you vanity possibly be someone for law and order.

Your example is from some police protocol and I was not aware that was the subject., and was not what I was referring to or even considering.

I was under the impression most of us are not faced with a police or law enforcement decision, simply living our lives.

And I still feel in living our lives if we are judging others based on these superficial things, we cannot support law and order. It does not make sense.

All The police practice you want to throw out does not matter. Most of us are simply living our life.....that is not our responsibility, and maybe you see color as a guide...I choose not to live my life judging people on anything except their morals and behavior.

Police make judgements based on things that those who do not carry that responsibility need not. I think we live our lies and judge others NOT based on police protocol.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What do rappers DO? I THINK they say things that rhyme to a certain beat. Do they make them up as they go along or do they make them up before they perform?

Is there ANY music involved? Do they sell recordings of it? Is it always ummmmm racy?

Why do you think two rappers were killed in the last few days?
I don't know anything about rappers being killed. You have a more interesting question. Is rap a valid art form?

Full Disclosure: I have been away from TOTV for awhile and I am giving only a little bit of time to catch up. I'm not going to read the other responses.

To me rap is like Gilbert and Sullivan. There is a predictable beat and the words rhyme. The beats in rap can be far more complicated. It's like listening to that Blue something or other drum concert,

Watch this and see if you can find the beauty and brilliance in the medium.

"One Last Time" - Hamilton At The White House #ObamaLegacy - YouTube
Old 06-21-2018, 10:46 PM
Sage

Old successful white men discussing rap music doesn’t work, never will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2018, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I don't know anything about rappers being killed. You have a more interesting question. Is rap a valid art form?

Full Disclosure: I have been away from TOTV for awhile and I am giving only a little bit of time to catch up. I'm not going to read the other responses.

To me rap is like Gilbert and Sullivan. There is a predictable beat and the words rhyme. The beats in rap can be far more complicated. It's like listening to that Blue something or other drum concert,

Watch this and see if you can find the beauty and brilliance in the medium.

"One Last Time" - Hamilton At The White House #ObamaLegacy - YouTube
Good, common sense post...and good to see you back.

Looking forward to your usual awesome sense of humor...in the various other threads.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Old successful white men discussing rap music doesn’t work, never will.
Yep.

Kinda like women talking about the problems...of not standing close enough to the urinal.
Closed Thread

Tags
make, rappers, involved, recordings, music

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.