Hooray for Hollywood, The Villages Pops Chorus Summer Concert

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2017, 08:33 AM
Veteran member
Default Hooray for Hollywood, The Villages Pops Chorus Summer Concert

The Pops Chorus is back for another great summer event to take your minds off those hot days. “Hooray for Hollywood” will be presented at North Lake Presbyterian Church on Monday July 31, with concerts at 3PM and 6 PM. All seats are $12, and tickets are on sale at all Villages Box Office locations and online. Tickets will be available at the door if the concerts are not sold out. As usual, the Pops Chorus promises a concert full of fun that will raise your spirits and have you tapping your toes and humming along.
The program boasts a wide variety of songs from the movies, including Academy Award winners, Grammy winners, and songs that jumped from the Silver Screen to become part of popular music history. The list includes “Nine to Five”; “Theme from New York, New York”; Barbra Streisand’s ”Evergreen”; “Can You Read My Mind”, the love theme from the first Superman movie; “Hooray for Hollywood”, and, of course, “Over the Rainbow”. Harmonica virtuoso Phil Caltabelotta will join the group on “Moon River” and will offer a selection of his own as well. Once again, a 12-piece band comprised of some of the best musicians in The Villages will accompany the 130 voice chorus.
Proceeds from the concerts will benefit The Villages Chapter of Viet Nam Veterans of America, and All One Family, Inc. The Villages Pops Chorus is a 501c3 organization which has contributed over $45,000 to local charities since 2014.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
The Pops Chorus is back for another great summer event to take your minds off those hot days. “Hooray for Hollywood” will be presented at North Lake Presbyterian Church on Monday July 31, with concerts at 3PM and 6 PM. All seats are $12, and tickets are on sale at all Villages Box Office locations and online. Tickets will be available at the door if the concerts are not sold out. As usual, the Pops Chorus promises a concert full of fun that will raise your spirits and have you tapping your toes and humming along.
The program boasts a wide variety of songs from the movies, including Academy Award winners, Grammy winners, and songs that jumped from the Silver Screen to become part of popular music history. The list includes “Nine to Five”; “Theme from New York, New York”; Barbra Streisand’s ”Evergreen”; “Can You Read My Mind”, the love theme from the first Superman movie; “Hooray for Hollywood”, and, of course, “Over the Rainbow”. Harmonica virtuoso Phil Caltabelotta will join the group on “Moon River” and will offer a selection of his own as well. Once again, a 12-piece band comprised of some of the best musicians in The Villages will accompany the 130 voice chorus.
Proceeds from the concerts will benefit The Villages Chapter of Viet Nam Veterans of America, and All One Family, Inc. The Villages Pops Chorus is a 501c3 organization which has contributed over $45,000 to local charities since 2014.
That looks like it might be fun.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
That looks like it might be fun.
I promise it will be! One of our best song lists so far, I think. Lots of variety, some very well-known songs, and some that will have people thinking "I remember that song! I love that song!" If you get a chance to come, stop by the choir loft and say hello after the concert. For people who don't know, I'm the director.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:05 AM
Veteran member
Default Still a chance to see this great concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
Only a few tickets left for the 3 PM show, but more available for the 6 PM show. I think this will be one of our best concerts yet.
Closed Thread

Tags
chorus, villages, pops, concerts, winners

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.